none
PDF Generation in InfoPath 2010 appears to happen asynchronously

Question

• We have a simple VB.net application that exports an InfoPath view to PDF format using the standard interop approach. This worked well in InfoPath 2007, but it appears that in InfoPath 2010 the call to 'View.Export' starts the PDF Generation process, but does not wait for it to finish.

We need to put a 'Thread.Sleep' after the Export command in order to wait for the file to be generated. The waiting time depends on the complexity of the form, so we have to make it rather large.

Can this be changed back to the way it worked in InfoPath 2007 please, it breaks our software.
    • Moved by Alicia CalesMicrosoft employee Wednesday, April 28, 2010 9:44 PM Forums Consolidation (From:Microsoft Office 2010 Application Compatibility)
    Wednesday, February 17, 2010 5:38 PM

Answers

• Jeroen, we have been able to repro the issue you have reported - thank you for bringing it to our attention. We are working now on figuring out when there could be a fix done. I will update this thread when and I know for sure.

Michael.
    Monday, February 22, 2010 5:47 PM

All replies

• Jeroen, I am following up on your issue. Please stay tuned.
    Thursday, February 18, 2010 8:27 PM
  • Jeroen, we have been able to repro the issue you have reported - thank you for bringing it to our attention. We are working now on figuring out when there could be a fix done. I will update this thread when and I know for sure.

Michael.
    Monday, February 22, 2010 5:47 PM
  • Top!

Have logged a couple of other issues via send a smile. Is this the best way to report them or is it better to use this forum?
    Tuesday, February 23, 2010 10:02 AM
  • I ran into the same issue going from a 2007 Infopath interop working application to a failed 2010 Interop application. Same issue as above, any word on a fix or recommendation on a working implementation?
    Monday, April 09, 2012 10:08 AM