none
Share Folder Access Issue of Windows Server Standard 2012

Question

• 

Hi,

I have a Windows Server Standard 2012 Active Directory Domain environment and using windows 7 and Windows XP-SP 3 installed clients. map drive share folder is working on domain user.

When accessing on network shared folders by \\10.10.10.10\share  getting following Network Error message..

Windows cannot access \\10.10.10.10.\share. You do not have permission to access \\10.10.10.10.\share Contact your network administrator to request access.

For more information click help.

When I change the sharing folder permission to “everyone” then shared Folder become accessible/visible to all users/computer in the domain without any user/password prompt. While sharing a folder with specific AD user then it gives the above error and does not prompt for User Password Dialog Box  as given below.

Any one please suggest a permanent solution to fix this issue...

Thursday, April 17, 2014 8:34 AM

Answers

• Hi Anwar Shah Gee,

Sorry for my delay.

Based on your description, I understand that when you share the folder with a specific AD user, you still encounter access deny issue as first picture shows. If anything I misunderstand, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Please navigate to the share folder on the host server (Windows Server 2012 Standard), right click it and select Properties. When Properties appeared, please select Security tab. Click this specific AD user account and click “Edit…” button, then check if this user account was assigned the correct permission.

If any update, please feel free to let us know.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Justin Gu

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 5:18 AM

All replies

• Hi

I personally never use the ip address for mapping driver, is there any reason of using ip rather than dns name?

Thursday, April 17, 2014 9:43 AM
  • Dear,

It’s not correct answer.

This is my environment requirement. And this access already in server 2003 and where is  in 2012 server.

Thursday, April 17, 2014 11:59 AM
  • Hi Anwar Shah Gee,

Sorry for my delay.

Based on your description, I understand that when you share the folder with a specific AD user, you still encounter access deny issue as first picture shows. If anything I misunderstand, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Please navigate to the share folder on the host server (Windows Server 2012 Standard), right click it and select Properties. When Properties appeared, please select Security tab. Click this specific AD user account and click “Edit…” button, then check if this user account was assigned the correct permission.

If any update, please feel free to let us know.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Justin Gu

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 5:18 AM