none
DPM site to site Replication

General discussion

• HI , I'm working on DPM 2012 SP 1 Environment.

I've DPM Server as primary one in one DC. now have requirement to replicate Primary DC , DPM with DR Site DPM server.

i found many online articles .

anybody have with experience or knowledge that best practices or best guide for implement the DPM site to site Replication.

please advise me.

Regards, COMDINI

Sunday, July 07, 2013 1:27 PM

All replies

• Hi Comdini,

This is dead simply. Install a secondary Data Protection Manager server and connect it to the primary. You can make different protection groups than you have on the primary. You can set the retention policies to be different as well.

When you make a protection groups you pick the primary Data Protection Manager server to be protected and you will see all the server that are protected by it and then back those up.

It is really simple. I am not sure if this is relevant to you, but we do DR this way.

Primary Data Protection Manager server backups up our data centre servers

Our DC file servers replicate to the DR site

The Primary Data Protection Manager server also backs up SQL, Exchange and Hyper-V.

The secondary Data Protection Manager server backs up SQL, Exchange and Hyper-V from the primary. The secondary Data Protection Manager server backs up the replicated file servers.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes

Michael

Sunday, July 14, 2013 4:45 PM
  • Hi Michael,

thanks for your post. I also found some articles. specially my concern was Huge traffic during replication.

But i faced to a issue with replicate the secondary ( DR ) site. it is getting failed.can you help me  ?

Regards, COMDINI

Wednesday, September 25, 2013 3:36 PM