none
recovering from a 3way mirror

Question

• The storage spaces feature in windows 2012 is very cool i must say, however I was just thinking what if i am doing a 3way mirror with 5 physical disks and my windows corrupts, how will i ever be able to recover from that ?

regards

Thursday, March 13, 2014 11:22 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The configuration of Storage Space is stored on hard disks instead of operation system. Thus if you connect the 5 disks to another system which supports storage space (including Windows 8/8.1) the storage space will be recognized.

If you have any feedback on our support, please send to tnfsl@microsoft.com.

Sunday, March 16, 2014 6:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The configuration of Storage Space is stored on hard disks instead of operation system. Thus if you connect the 5 disks to another system which supports storage space (including Windows 8/8.1) the storage space will be recognized.

Sunday, March 16, 2014 6:28 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks a LOT.
    Monday, March 17, 2014 4:34 AM