none
MDT 2012: All packaged Applications appearing in Optional list

Question

• Can't remember if this was happening before I ran the 2012 6.1.2373 update - because only the applications that were meant to be "optional" were packaged, but since then I have created a number of software, driver and script applications in the workbench. These should run as part of specific task sequences, but should not appear in the checkbox list of mandatory/optional applications in the wizard.

In the Workbench, under the Applications folder, there are a number of sub-directories that contain different applications. I noticed that aside to the usual suspects (Driver applications, Custom scripts, IT Tools etc.), are the folders "Optional" and "Mandatory". I'm from an SCCM background so I don't know if these appear by default, or if the person looking after this created them, but either way, all the applications that appear in Mandatory appear in the Wizard as greyed out options (fair enough), and all the applications in "Optional" appear in the wizard as selectable (again, makes sense). Problem is, all the other applications outside of these two folders also now appear as selectable.
    I can see in the CS.ini that the GUID's of the Mandatory applications have been defined, but nothing has been specified for the Optional applications.
    Any idea how to prevent all my packaged applications being available at the deployment wizard screen? 

Thursday, September 05, 2013 7:15 AM

Answers

• From the "General" tab for each application, is a checkbox to hide the application from the wizard.

-BrianG (http://supportishere.com)

• Marked as answer by guitar_adam2000 Thursday, September 05, 2013 10:41 PM
    Thursday, September 05, 2013 7:29 PM