none
Nokia Lumia 1020 Bluetooth won't stay connected

Question

• I am trying to pair my Lumia 1020 Windows 8 Phone to a Windows 8.1 Surface Pro. The device goes through the pairing process and will show connected for a few seconds but then the connection drops. I have read several articles explaining that I need to download the drivers from the manufacturer but Nokia doesn't have any drivers listed. Under device manager there is a Windows Phone device listed under Bluetooth but the driver is from 2006 and I am unable to get Windows to find a newer driver (Windows Update shows this driver as being the newest).  I found a different article that suggested using the Windows Inbox driver but when I try to point device manager to the usbvideo.sys Inbox driver it doesn't recognize that as a valid Bluetooth driver.

I have also tried pairing the phone to a Lenovo T410 running Windows 8.1 Pro and get the same result.  Lenovo's website explains that the Bluetooth driver is supplied by Microsoft and will be updated through Windows Update.  I don't have any non-Windows 8.1 devices to test this connection on.

Can someone please help me figure out what I'm missing here?

Thanks in advance!

Sunday, November 24, 2013 6:56 PM

All replies

• I have a Lumia 925, and a Surface Pro 2. I'm having the exact same problems. The two devices have been paired, because the Surface shows as connected device on my phone. But no matter what they will not stay connected for more than a couple seconds at the very most.
    Monday, December 09, 2013 4:52 PM
  • I have a Lumina 1020 and a Surface 2, I've just downloaded the Black update, and still have the same issues as you have. The phone and tablet will not stay connected.
    Friday, January 10, 2014 3:18 AM
  • I have the identical problem with my Lumia 925. I have tried connecting to my PC and my old Nokia N8. It connects for a few seconds and then disconnects. HELP
    Thursday, March 20, 2014 7:39 PM