none
Putting Streaming Media Services (Windows 2012 Server) to Use In A Real-World Scenario

Question

• I need to setup Windows 2012 Server so that Streaming Media Services delivers audio (no video) to users on the Internet. There are two kinds of stream: 1) live, 2) archive. The live stream is whatever is playing in realtime. The archive stream is recorded into an archive place automatically by Streaming Media Services. The archive place is named according to the time and date when the archive is recorded. It should be a relatively simple matter for an end-user to start an archive recording playing by specifying time and date.    Streaming Media Services is to be delivering live content 24/7 and archive content on demand. Once configured, Streaming Media Services is to perform its function without human intervention. From what I gather from the rather badly written documentation, one must configure an encoder in addition to Streaming Media Services. I need detailed, specific instructions how to achieve these aims. RealAudio is already being used to do these things, but it does it badly. I assume Streaming Media Services will avoid the faults of RealAudio.  Must I turn to a consultancy to get this done or can Microsoft buckle down and explain how to do this?  Many thanks in advance for giving me the tools necessary to sell Windows Server 2012 Streaming Media Services to my customer.

MARK D ROCKMAN

Friday, August 01, 2014 1:56 PM