none
Application automatically installed after uninstall

Question

• Hi,

I'm using SCCM 2012 to deploy software ( applications, not packages ) to users using web catalog, and sometimes, when a user installs an application and days later this software is uninstalled ( manually,using add or remove ... ), sometimes the same software is automatically installed.

Any ideas that what i'm doing wrong ?.

Thank you!.

Friday, September 27, 2013 9:54 PM

All replies

• Hi there

This is expected behaviour when using the Application model with deployments that have their deployment settings purpose configured as 'required'. Applications configured in this manner will be reinstalled next time the 'Application Deployment Evaluation Cycle' runs on the ConfigMgr client if they have been removed.

If you want to change this behaviour, modify your deployment settings purpose to 'available' and they will not be persistent on the targeted machine.

Saturday, September 28, 2013 9:40 AM
  • Hi slewis1310,

The problem is that all deployments are configured to be available, not required.

Saturday, September 28, 2013 1:59 PM
  • Have you reviewed the log files on the clients where this is happening? Specifically, appintenteval.log, appdiscovery.log, and appenforce.log?

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com

Saturday, September 28, 2013 2:26 PM
  • No, i didn't see any strange, i'm still waiting until my next "strange episode".

Anyway, usually i don't use uninstall program options when i create a deployment type, may be the cause of this troubles ?

Tuesday, October 01, 2013 9:02 AM
  • Hi,

Please check the one of the applications which is causing this issue.

On the deployment type, check the program tab, and verify if the "Windows Source management" is enabled for the application.

if so, this can cause your behaviour since ConfigMgr is not aware of any de-installation.

furthermore, I would recommend uninstalling through the Software Center. this will definitely help to prevent issues like these.

regards.

Tuesday, October 01, 2013 3:59 PM
  • On the deployment type, check the program tab, and verify if the "Windows Source management" is enabled for the application.

if so, this can cause your behaviour since ConfigMgr is not aware of any de-installation.

Why that? That has nothing to do with uninstalling an application.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Tuesday, October 01, 2013 5:36 PM