none
#5.7.1 smtp;554 5.7.1 Message rejected

Question

• Hi
    please help me , we have Exchange server 2003 i am getting bounce back mail while sending mail .

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

xyz@abc.com on 9/1/2009 5:36 PM

You do not have permission to send to this recipient.  For assistance, contact your system administrator.

<mail.xxx.com #5.7.1 smtp;554 5.7.1 Message rejected because of unacceptable content.  For help, please quote incident ID 689237.>

Thanks

Rock

Tuesday, September 01, 2009 1:54 PM

Answers

• It is possible that your MX IP is blacklisted by them. This is the reason your Server mail.xxx.com is not able to make SMTP session to the remote domain and generating NDR.

I suggest you check with the owner of the remote domain with incident ID 689237.

Thanks.

Vishal Ramnani | MCITP - Exchange 2007 | MCSE Messaging | MCTS - Win 2008 Config
    • Marked as answer by Allen Song Friday, September 11, 2009 9:24 AM
    Tuesday, September 01, 2009 5:49 PM
  • Hi,

Since the communication is blocked in the SMTP session, the NDR is generated by your Exchange server. This indicates that your mail server is blocked by the destination server's security policy.

Thanks

Allen
    Thursday, September 03, 2009 10:40 AM

All replies

• This is nothing to do from your end. The Recipient server's antispam is rejecting your message due to some content policies.

You need to ask the recipient domain to whitelist your sending ip/domain name.

also make sure your MX record and PTR records are in place and you are not listed in black list
    Vinod |CCNA|MCSE 2003 +Messaging|MCTS|ITIL V3|
    Tuesday, September 01, 2009 2:27 PM
  • Hey,

This clearly says it was blocked by Content filtering. Did you try sending a blank mail? if that also not working then i would suggest you check your outgoing MX IP if it is listed in any RBL. Finally check the same with the Remote domain owner as well as they may also blacklist you.

Thanks.

Vishal Ramnani | MCITP - Exchange 2007 | MCSE Messaging | MCTS - Win 2008 Config
    Tuesday, September 01, 2009 2:30 PM
  • Hi

the mail rejected by our mail server <mail.xxx.com>

and also check recipient its current

thanks
    Rock 
    Tuesday, September 01, 2009 2:31 PM
  • What antispam product are you using? and in that case you need to dig deep in the content scanning policy on your antispam product
    Vinod |CCNA|MCSE 2003 +Messaging|MCTS|ITIL V3|
    Tuesday, September 01, 2009 2:40 PM
  • Agreed! If the NDR is coming from your end then you should check the content filter policies on your AntiSPAM products.

Tuesday, September 01, 2009 2:43 PM
  • I send blank mail same error bounce back mail , we have two MX IP i check there are no block list

Rock

Tuesday, September 01, 2009 3:06 PM
  • we are using Barracuda

Thanks

Tuesday, September 01, 2009 3:16 PM
  • It is possible that your MX IP is blacklisted by them. This is the reason your Server mail.xxx.com is not able to make SMTP session to the remote domain and generating NDR.

I suggest you check with the owner of the remote domain with incident ID 689237.

Thanks.

Tuesday, September 01, 2009 5:49 PM
  • Hi,

Since the communication is blocked in the SMTP session, the NDR is generated by your Exchange server. This indicates that your mail server is blocked by the destination server's security policy.

Thanks

Allen
    Thursday, September 03, 2009 10:40 AM
  • I'm having a similar issue.  I have one user in particular who is getting these NDR's to certain domains.

You do not have permission to send to this recipient.  For assistance, contact your system administrator.
                <mail@mydomain.com #5.7.1 smtp;554 5.7.1 Message cannot be accepted, rules rejection>

However, I was able to send the message to them from my email account on the same exchange server.

Monday, October 18, 2010 8:18 PM
  • On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 20:18:50 +0000, bbaucom wrote:

>
    >
    >I'm having a similar issue. I have one user in particular who is getting these NDR's to certain domains.
    >
    >
    >
    > You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <mail@mydomain.com #5.7.1 smtp;554 5.7.1 Message cannot be accepted, rules rejection>
    >
    >
    >
    >However, I was able to send the message to them from my email account on the same exchange server.

The SAME message, or a different one? Do you use, for example, the
    same signature? Most likely it's the message contents that are being
    rejected. Contact the admin at that site and find out why.
    ---
    Rich Matheisen
    MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
    Monday, October 18, 2010 8:52 PM