none
Exchange 2003 Public Folders -- Need a script to add replication Server

Question

• I currently have Public Folders on an Exchange 2003 Server.  We are migrating to Exchange 2007 server.  I need to add my 2007 server as a replication Server on each Public Folder.  We have over 1700 Public Folders on the network. 

Is there a script i can run to get this to be added to them automatically OR will I have to manually touch each folder?

I know I need to get this replication turned on and going before I copy Replica to the new server.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thursday, August 01, 2013 2:22 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You can use the MoveAllReplicas.ps1 script. For more reference:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb331970(v=exchg.80).aspx

Thanks,

Simon Wu
    TechNet Community Support

Sunday, August 04, 2013 1:12 PM
  • I currently have Public Folders on an Exchange 2003 Server.  We are migrating to Exchange 2007 server.  I need to add my 2007 server as a replication Server on each Public Folder.  We have over 1700 Public Folders on the network. 

Is there a script i can run to get this to be added to them automatically OR will I have to manually touch each folder?

I know I need to get this replication turned on and going before I copy Replica to the new server.

Hi,
    Yes, in the scripts folder there is a script called AddReplicaToPFRecursive.ps1 that you can use to add the Exchange 2007 Server as a replica.

Example:
    cd $exscripts
    .\AddReplicaToPFRecursive.ps1 -TopPublicFolder "\" -ServerToAdd Exch2007

In the above example a server called Exch2007 is added as a replica for all Public Folders. When having a lot of folders with data, it might not be the best thing to do since it could cause replication floods which would affect normal delivery in a negative way. Therefore consider taking a top folder at a time.

Example:
    .\AddReplicaToPFRecursive.ps1 -TopPublicFolder "\Some Top Folder" -ServerToAdd Exch2007

It is also possible to use the script to add replicas for the system folders using "\Non_IPM_Subtree" but if you do that, Exchange 2007 will get system folders that it does not need, like OwaScratchPad and StoreEvents* to name two.

Martina Miskovic

Monday, August 05, 2013 5:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can use the MoveAllReplicas.ps1 script. For more reference:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb331970(v=exchg.80).aspx

Thanks,

Simon Wu
    TechNet Community Support

Sunday, August 04, 2013 1:12 PM

Hi,
    Yes, in the scripts folder there is a script called AddReplicaToPFRecursive.ps1 that you can use to add the Exchange 2007 Server as a replica.

Example:
    cd $exscripts
    .\AddReplicaToPFRecursive.ps1 -TopPublicFolder "\" -ServerToAdd Exch2007

In the above example a server called Exch2007 is added as a replica for all Public Folders. When having a lot of folders with data, it might not be the best thing to do since it could cause replication floods which would affect normal delivery in a negative way. Therefore consider taking a top folder at a time.

Example:
    .\AddReplicaToPFRecursive.ps1 -TopPublicFolder "\Some Top Folder" -ServerToAdd Exch2007

It is also possible to use the script to add replicas for the system folders using "\Non_IPM_Subtree" but if you do that, Exchange 2007 will get system folders that it does not need, like OwaScratchPad and StoreEvents* to name two.

Martina Miskovic

Monday, August 05, 2013 5:41 PM