none
Event Log Replication on Cluster Server (MS Server 2003)

Question

• Please help me about the EnableEventLogReplication on SERVER 2003. I just saw the recommended on MS support about it.

"If the EnableEventLogReplication registry entry is set to 1, the cluster node replicates events in the event log to all other nodes in the cluster. Tools that monitor multiple servers, report a single event multiple times, one time from each node. "

I have got the problem about event logs replicates and hard to summary event logs on all nodes. If I want to disable this function I would like to know the effect about this one. it will not replicates events and will not get any worse cases on the server that my customer using? Could you please advise?

Tuesday, February 25, 2014 7:47 AM

All replies

• As you mentioned, if you disable EnableEventLogReplication, Event Log Replication will be disable for one or more node in the cluster or the entire cluster. One or more cluster node is down or has experienced a failure, and preventing Event Log Replication from taking place.

Note: if you disable the replication at a specific node, replication of events from that node to other nodes is disabled. Other nodes that have the EnableEventLogReplication property turned on still replicate to that node. This only replicates the System, Application and Security event logs.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/229071/en-us

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=224969

• Edited by Professo Tuesday, February 25, 2014 12:40 PM
    Tuesday, February 25, 2014 12:12 PM
  • Thank you so much Professo,

I have a little question, if I disable EnableEventLogReplication on the Cluster server. it will effect on the server? Ex. It might make system crash, etc? My client is concerned about the issue if I disable this function. I would like to make sure that it will not impact on the Client's server.

Wednesday, February 26, 2014 8:52 AM
  • In fact, I don't know either. You'd better test it in your testing environment.

Friday, February 28, 2014 9:26 AM