none
Shared Data Set Issue

Question

• Hi

I have a large number of reports that use a shared data set which return some value, I had to add some logic to the shared data set so I created a stored procedure that receives 2 parameters (that means the shared data set has 2 parameters).

I deployed the new shared data set, is there anyway that I can script the reports to add the 2 parameters without having to open each report and manually add the parameters and then deploy the modified report?

Thank you,

Itzhak

Friday, February 07, 2014 1:12 AM

Answers

• Hi Itzhak,

Based on my research, if we want to modify the Shared Dataset for reports to the new Shared Dataset, we really need to open each report and modify the dataset, and then deploy the modified report. But there is an easier way to achieve the requirement with Report Builder.

To modify the dataset, we can refer to the following steps:

1. In the Report Manager, click the right corner of one report, select the “Edit in Report Builder” option in the drop-down list.
    2. In the Report Builder, double-click the dataset to open the Dataset Properties dialog box, and then click Browse to select the new Shared Dataset as the dataset.
    3. Then the two parameters will be automatic added in the report, click Save option to save the report.
    4. Open the other reports in Report Builder, then directly select the new Shared Dataset as the dataset, and then save reports.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Katherine Xiong

Katherine Xiong
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 9:04 AM

All replies

• Hi Itzhak,

Based on my research, if we want to modify the Shared Dataset for reports to the new Shared Dataset, we really need to open each report and modify the dataset, and then deploy the modified report. But there is an easier way to achieve the requirement with Report Builder.

To modify the dataset, we can refer to the following steps:

1. In the Report Manager, click the right corner of one report, select the “Edit in Report Builder” option in the drop-down list.
    2. In the Report Builder, double-click the dataset to open the Dataset Properties dialog box, and then click Browse to select the new Shared Dataset as the dataset.
    3. Then the two parameters will be automatic added in the report, click Save option to save the report.
    4. Open the other reports in Report Builder, then directly select the new Shared Dataset as the dataset, and then save reports.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Katherine Xiong

Katherine Xiong
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 9:04 AM
  • Hi Katherine,

What I was looking for was a way to programmatically add the parameters to the data set without opening each individual report.

Thanks,

Itzhak 

Monday, February 17, 2014 10:44 PM