none
Cannot insert image file into VISIO 2013

Question

• I can not insert image file into Visio 2013 (INSERT > PICTURES > (any graphic formats .png, .jpg, etc). It gave me message state "Import of image file failed: '[name of the image file]'.

Please help. 

Thank you.

Saturday, January 05, 2013 5:44 PM

All replies

• Hi Adam Rek,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

I've tried to insert a picture on my side, but unable to reproduce your scenario.

Since your issue is about the usage of Visio 2013, I think you can post it on the Office Answer Forum.

The experts there may give you more suggestions or workarounds.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, January 07, 2013 2:38 AM
  • Hi

I also suddenly got the same issue with Visio 2013. All worked fine before, suddenly first use this year and impossible to import images??

Wednesday, January 09, 2013 2:57 PM
  • I can not insert image file into Visio 2013 (INSERT > PICTURES > (any graphic formats .png, .jpg, etc). It gave me message state "Import of image file failed: '[name of the image file]'.

Please help. 

Thank you.

Same problem here (12/04/13) any resolution to this issue?
    Friday, April 12, 2013 5:11 PM
  • Got the same issue as well, allthough this is using Visio 2013 on a MAC trough Parallels windows desktop.

Had this issue since I removed the old version and installed the new 2013.

Monday, August 19, 2013 8:32 AM
  • Hi, I have the same problem. Cannot insert or open a picture. I have tried with different formats and sizes. No joy. Visio 2013 and Windows 7 64 bits
    Wednesday, September 04, 2013 9:48 AM
  • You all need to ask in the Microsoft Office Visio forum on Microsoft Community.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

My Blog: http://unlockpowershell.wordpress.com
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ("6B61726C6D69747363686B65406D742E6E6574"-split"(?<=\G.{2})",19|%{[char][int]"0x$_"})

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 7:02 PM