none
MDT 2013, %ModelAlias% and Lenovo

Question

• I know they're difficult. That's why I found a copy of the ModelAliasExit script and thought I set it up per the instructions at that site. I do have the %make%\%model% style setup. It works fine on other brands. I named it what I thought it should be named and it didn't work. I checked my BDD log and I see the script working as it talks about "Windows 7 x64\LENOVO\ThinkCentreM83". Great! Wait, no drivers are pulled. Huh? The log first points DRIVERGROUP001 to the friendly path, but later I see it making reference to "Windows 7 x64\LENOVO\10ANS06K00". Upon looking at a working Dell machine, I see that the second part of the log is where it's actually pulling the drivers from. I rename the folder in MDT to the unfriendly version and it goes off without a hitch.

So why does it work one time, but not the second?

Is there a way to make the BDD log a little easier on the eyes?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uaedteyaboh6q1s/BDD.log

Friday, May 02, 2014 7:31 PM

Answers

• Found it! When you follow different guides on how to do something, make sure you don't have conflicts between methods.

I did it one way, but then later did it via ModelAlias. The first way I did it processed after ModelAlias, so by the time it needed the variable, the good value was overwritten by the bad value.

I have found some references to MakeAlias as well. Where is a good place to get that version of the script from? I've found some places, but always a little cautious.

Friday, May 02, 2014 8:32 PM