none
Frequently server getting restarted for event ID Adapter Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection. Adapter link down.

Question

• Dear Friends,

We are facing major issue on one of our tracking server. The HW details of the server is,

ADVANTECH Industrial PC

CPU: [01]: x86 Intel ~2790 Mhz

NW : [1] : Inbuilt & 
             [2]: Realtek RTL8139(A)-based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter

BIOS : Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

for the past few days the server get restarted frequently and found the following mentioned event logged in event viewer

Source : E100B                                      Category : None
    Type : Warning                                      Event ID: 4

Description: Adapter Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection. Adapter link down.

We uadated the Driver firmware, NW cable, etc...

As of my knowledge the event respect to network connectivity problem, but I could not found the reason for server restarting...

Is there any way check it out for the reason.. or anyone have experience the same issue.

Or how can I prove that it may be possibility of HW aged issue???

Kindly help me out.

Regards,

Mani S

Thanks & Regards, Mani S

Sunday, July 28, 2013 12:23 AM

Answers

• I’d suggest monitor this server for extra days after the NIC driver update. If the issue persists, we need to analyze the crash dump file to identify the cause of the issue. Unfortunately, we cannot help you analyze dump file in Forum. To troubleshoot this problem efficiently, I suggest that you speak directly with a Microsoft Support Professional so that the crash dump can be analyzed.

For a complete list of Microsoft Product Support Services phone numbers and information about support costs, please go to the following address on the World Wide Web:
    http://support.microsoft.com/directory/overview.asp

TechNet Subscriber Support |If you have any feedback on Technet forum, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 29, 2013 4:45 AM