none
Range Bar Chart, X-axis dates label format needs to be convert to quarter

Question

• I have created range bar chart and I am not able to achieve the following tasks.

1. Change X-axis Label Format to Quarter:

I have x-axis with dates and y axis of project groups. I have changed x-axis interval type = month and interval=3.

Set the Maximum =  Max(ProjectEndDate) and Minimum = Min(ProjectStartDate). Now my chart showing 3 months x-axis interval dates in mm/dd/yyyy format. I want to change this interval date format to Quarter. The problem is LabelsFormat property is not recognize  the "=Q or q or quarter" and also not accepting the expressions. How can I achieve this?

2. Placing series side by side when it is not overlapping

I want to place the same group series side by side only when the previous project end date is less than next project start date, otherwise place the next project to next row. How can I achieve this?

I am not able to upload my image now. 

Thursday, September 04, 2014 6:24 PM

All replies

• Hi Suresh,

Question1:
    According to your description, the problem you are experiencing is that you want to format x-axis labels as quarterly intervals, but there isn’t the selection in the interval type drop down list, you could not format x-axis labels using expression either. Based on my search, the formatting of the x-axis labels is determined by the format string setting on the x-axis, an x-axis in scalar mode shows either numeric or DateTime values, we can only use Standard Date and Time Format Strings or Custom Date and Time Format Strings in x-axis label expression, so it does not support format x-axis labels as quarterly intervals.

Question2:
    Series Properties settings effect all Series, we can’t specify the setting on some category groups. If you hope all data series bars related same grouping category to be displayed in the same line, please refer to the following steps:

1. Click anywhere of the chart series.
    2. In Properties window, expand CustomAttributes section.
    3. Set DrawSideBySide to false.

For more information about Chart Labels, please refer to the section below Figure 1C in the following document:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/library/aa964128(v=SQL.90).aspx#moressrscharts_topic3

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
    Wendy Fu

Tuesday, September 09, 2014 10:08 AM