none
Use OneDrive with Domain/Non Microsoft Account?

Question

• How do I use OneDrive without a Microsoft Account on the PC? I have downloaded the desktop installer but after running it's setup nothing happens and the desktop version is not present. The touch version advises I need to sign into the PC with a MS account.

Just want to access my OneDrive folder through explorer same as on my Windows 7 PC at home...

Thursday, June 05, 2014 12:43 AM

Answers

• AW

In win 8.1 there is no desktop installation.  It is integrated into the OS.  You will need to log onto it using a Microsoft account (the one tied to onedrive)

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Thursday, June 05, 2014 1:06 AM
  • Hi,

If your system was Windows 8.1, you must use Microsoft Account to sign build in OneDrive to sync your files, settings.

Desktop OneDrive APP couldn't be installed at Windows 8.1.

Thanks for your understanding.

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, June 06, 2014 9:43 AM

All replies

• AW

In win 8.1 there is no desktop installation.  It is integrated into the OS.  You will need to log onto it using a Microsoft account (the one tied to onedrive)

Thursday, June 05, 2014 1:06 AM
  • That's the stupidest thing ever and I thought MS were moving away (rightly) from this requirement for MS accounts when one isn't necessary for "metro" apps. This doesn't need to be like this and is nothing but a way to try force people into using a MS account for Windows 8.1.

Are Microsoft planning to allow those in a corporate environment where use of MS accounts is prohibited a way to access their OneDrive through explorer?

Thursday, June 05, 2014 2:43 AM
  • AW

If you have a one drive what email address did you set it up with?

I have no clue about microsoft's plans.  When they want us to know I am sure they will tell us.

Thursday, June 05, 2014 3:19 AM
  • Hi,

If your system was Windows 8.1, you must use Microsoft Account to sign build in OneDrive to sync your files, settings.

Desktop OneDrive APP couldn't be installed at Windows 8.1.

Thanks for your understanding.

Roger Lu
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, June 06, 2014 9:43 AM
  • Roger

Back to Dropbox I guess!

Looks kind of stupid being someone who should be selling MS solutions, but I have to then use the non MS solution which is clearly better suited to how people want to work.

Sunday, June 08, 2014 10:18 AM