none
Neural Network Viewer shows nothing...

Question

• I am using SQL Server 2012, and running some demos for Data Mining in SSDT (they are from the Larson book "Delivering Business Intelligence..."). I have built mining models for Decision Trees, Clustering, Naive Bayes, and Neural Networking. All the models work as expected in the Mining Model Viewer except the Neural Networking model. They are all based on the same Classification mining structure and have the same inputs and output. When I move the to the Viewer for Neural Networking, the input Attribute is set to <All> the output variable is correct, and Value 1 and Value 2 seem reasonable. However, everything below this area is empty except for some titles (Attribute, Value, Favors 0, Favors 1). There are no error messages or other indications that something isn't working. The Neural Network results appear in the Lift Chart, as the worst model. In the Classification Matrix, the other models all have prediction results for the 5 possible output values, while the Neural Network only has predictions for the first of the possible values.

Any thoughts on what might be going wrong?

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 7:05 PM

Answers

• It is possible that it didn't find any patterns in your data when using neural network algorithm. You can try changing algorithm parameters to get more useful model.

Tatyana Yakushev [PredixionSoftware.com]

• Marked as answer by Eileen Zhao Monday, November 05, 2012 7:46 AM
    Tuesday, October 30, 2012 9:34 PM

All replies