none
Your computer can’t connect to the remote computer because the Remote Desktop Gateway server is temporarily unavailable.

Question

• Hi

SBS 2011 std.

The RWW was working fine on the server but now its giving below error when after logging-in to the site I try to connect to the server;

Your computer can’t connect to the remote computer because the Remote Desktop Gateway server is temporarily unavailable. Try reconnecting later or contact your network administrator for assistance.

What can I do to fix this?

Thanks

Regards

Monday, February 11, 2013 5:05 AM

Answers

• Something might have happened to your IIS settings and more specifically to your Default Application pool. For example if you install some third-party web application, it may have changed the 32/64 bit feature on your Application pool. So what to do :

1) Go to IIS -> Application Pools -> DefaultAppPool -> Advanced Settings -> Enalbe 32-Bit Application - > if it's True , change it to False

2) Check other relevant application pools for the same setting - > SBS Web Workplace AppPool or SBS Web Applications application poool

All of the pools should run with Enable 32-Bit - False

Good luck :)

• Marked as answer by Y a h y a Monday, February 11, 2013 3:28 PM
    Monday, February 11, 2013 1:34 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This could be caused because another website had also enabled port 443, the solution would be run the Fix My Network wizard to repair the bindings.

See this kb article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/969743

Regards Ronny
    -------------
    Visit my Blog or follow me on Twitter

Monday, February 11, 2013 8:41 AM
  • Something might have happened to your IIS settings and more specifically to your Default Application pool. For example if you install some third-party web application, it may have changed the 32/64 bit feature on your Application pool. So what to do :

1) Go to IIS -> Application Pools -> DefaultAppPool -> Advanced Settings -> Enalbe 32-Bit Application - > if it's True , change it to False

2) Check other relevant application pools for the same setting - > SBS Web Workplace AppPool or SBS Web Applications application poool

All of the pools should run with Enable 32-Bit - False

Good luck :)

• Marked as answer by Y a h y a Monday, February 11, 2013 3:28 PM
    Monday, February 11, 2013 1:34 PM
  • Hi Djongov.

That was it. Point 1.

Thanks

Regards

Monday, February 11, 2013 3:28 PM
  • If your RDG is behind firewall/nat then make sure that port 443 is forwarded as well.
    Monday, March 24, 2014 4:31 AM