none
Map Leaves Behind a Profile??

Question

• After running a scan, it appears that the profile of the admin user that does the WMI scan is left behind on the scanned computer.  I thought that nothing was supposed to be left behind.  I have never seen that mentioned in any of the documentation.  Has anyone else noticed this?
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 4:03 PM

Answers

• It's actually a side effect of querying one or more of the WMI classes that MAP interrogates (MAP interrogates over 40 classes, we haven't taken the time to identify which one(s) causes the profile to get created).   Merely remotlely accessing the machine won't cause the profile to get created.
    Friday, February 26, 2010 4:25 PM

All replies

• It's actually a side effect of querying one or more of the WMI classes that MAP interrogates (MAP interrogates over 40 classes, we haven't taken the time to identify which one(s) causes the profile to get created).   Merely remotlely accessing the machine won't cause the profile to get created.
    Friday, February 26, 2010 4:25 PM
  • I have also witnessed this event when doing an initial scan on a domain via AD.  It was somewhat embarassing to me having tech support wondering why my profile is on 100s of machines. 

This occurred with the released version of MAP v5.0 so I guess MS has not identified the class that causes this to happen?

Any updates on this phenomena?

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 7:29 PM
  • No, and it's not clear what we would do about it even if we knew which class it was.  The only way the MAP tool could avoid this would be to not query the class, but then the data the tool gets from the class (or classes) wouldn't be available.
    Friday, October 22, 2010 9:33 PM
  • Hello,

Do you have any update in this case? I have noticed the same event in last version of MAP (6.5.4228.0) when scanning a domain with AD.

Is there any workaround for this, so that no profile is left behind on scanned computers?

Regards

Thursday, March 22, 2012 2:14 PM
  • As far as I know there is no real solution.  I guess you could come up with some kind of script to go out after and delete that profile – but there seems to be no easy built-in method to get rid of it.

Thursday, March 22, 2012 2:26 PM
  • As far as I know there is no real solution.  I guess you could come up with some kind of script to go out after and delete that profile – but there seems to be no easy built-in method to get rid of it.

Hi Gary,

Do you know any tool that I could use to delete remotely profiles?

thanks

Thursday, March 22, 2012 3:46 PM
  • nothing i know of
    Thursday, March 22, 2012 4:17 PM