none
The content status of a package is stuck in "In progress - Waiting for Content" status in SCCM 2012 R2 RTM

Question

• Hello,

primary site in lab. Created and deployed first App (7Zip). Found a hotfix from May 2013 with the same status but in CAS environment.

Everything is green. No obvious errors. Found multiple posts about the same situation. Some of them refers to CM2007.

Don't see any post related to RTM version. Where to start a troubleshooting?

In Deployments - Deployment status. under Progress: Category - Waiting for Content      Status Type - In Progress

Content Status: Successfully processed content on distribution point.

"When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Wednesday, December 25, 2013 12:46 PM

Answers

• Please check software package property and go to distribution settings and the check automatically download content when packages are assigned to distribution point.
    Wednesday, December 25, 2013 5:38 PM
  • Brijj,

your suggestion helped me to find the real problem.

I enabled the option you suggested. I was a bit skeptical about the setting because it is related to not preferred DP. After checking it I saw the option in Software Center for downloading and installing software. But it failed.

By digging in the error appeared I found that Boundary groups didn't have a reference to assigned site. When ticked this option it started to work. Then I checked Use this boundary group for site assignment and removed the settings you suggested. It works fine.

So I just had to read more about proffered Distribution Point and Boundary Groups.

Thank you very much for a tip.

"When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Thursday, December 26, 2013 2:28 AM

All replies

• Wednesday, December 25, 2013 3:59 PM
  • Ibrahim,

thanks for the link. The month of the post is June 2013. Logically, RTM should include all fixies released before its availability.

Did somebody have this issue with RTM release?

I found one post that describes the cure of the problem after little change in SQL. The tip was related to CM 2007 but helped to the person having the same issue with CM2012 SP1. I made this little change but the problem is still there.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Michael.

Wednesday, December 25, 2013 4:11 PM
  • Please check software package property and go to distribution settings and the check automatically download content when packages are assigned to distribution point.
    Wednesday, December 25, 2013 5:38 PM
  • Brijj,

your suggestion helped me to find the real problem.

I enabled the option you suggested. I was a bit skeptical about the setting because it is related to not preferred DP. After checking it I saw the option in Software Center for downloading and installing software. But it failed.

By digging in the error appeared I found that Boundary groups didn't have a reference to assigned site. When ticked this option it started to work. Then I checked Use this boundary group for site assignment and removed the settings you suggested. It works fine.

So I just had to read more about proffered Distribution Point and Boundary Groups.

Thank you very much for a tip.

Thursday, December 26, 2013 2:28 AM
  • Hope this will help to configure proper bg

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh427326.aspx

Thursday, December 26, 2013 4:41 AM