none
What can you suggest for on-premise deploying ...

Question

• Hi

we'd like to implement AD RMS for protecting and classifying content. We'll plan to protect all files ( such as Office, PDF, CAD, Multimedia, text , etc ). what can you suggest me ? We need entire and solid solution.

regards

Monday, November 18, 2013 9:40 AM

All replies

• Hi Marko -

If you are looking to implement AD RMS, I would suggest implementing the solution in a test environment first to get an idea of the capabilities and scope of the project.  There are several step by step guides on TechNet.  Here's a link to how to deploy RMS in a variety of scenarios: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc731350(v=ws.10).aspx.

In terms of the file formats you have listed, RMS supports Office files out of the box.  You can use the RMS app to natively protect PDF, txt, and image files.  You will need an RMS-aware PDF viewer to view protected PDF docs and currently the only PDF reader that supports RMS is Foxit (http://www.foxitsoftware.com/).  If you are looking to protect other file formats, such as CAD, you have a few options:

1) The RMS app supports a wrapper-based protection for all file formats.  This will control the initial access/expiration of the file.  However, once an authorized user decrypts the file, there is no controls over the use of the file.  It will open in the native application.

2) The RMS SDK enables you to RMS-enable applications by writing code against them.  This is a good option especially for custom applications.

3) Third-party partners can help you make an application RMS-aware.

If you have questions about how to deploy and configure RMS, you can engage with a partner.  For example, at Synergy Advisors, we help design and deploy customized RMS architectures to support your specific use cases.  if that sounds interesting to you, email us at info@synergyadvisors.biz

I hope that helps!

Micah LaNasa

Synergy Advisors

synergyadvisors.biz

Thursday, November 21, 2013 12:07 AM