none
DATA RECOVERY

Question

• hi,

Last night i was formatted my hard disk AT THE TIME OF installing linux. and accidentally i don't take any backup of my data.

so is there any way to get back of them?.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 5:39 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

There are no features in Windows to do this type of recovery.

You’d better contact your local data recovery center to try to get data back.

In my opinion, if you don't have to recover all of files on your disk,  you can try to use some free data recovery software to recover data previously. However, if there are a lot of files needed to be recovered, it is also recommended to contact professional Data Recovery Company.

Hopefully you could recovery your data soon. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Regards,

Blair Deng

Blair Deng
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 2:49 AM
  • Formatting is OK but if you had completely re installed Linux on the same drive, data recovery chances are very slim. It'll overwrite the formatted data and prevents data recovery software to recover all your data.

Though, still you may try some professional recovery programs (safe to recover data from formatted disks) such as Stellar Phoenix Recovery Programs for Windows, GetDataBack etc.

P.S. 1. take out the hard drive and connect it externally on another computer till the data hasn't been recovered. You can use SATA/IDE cable for externally connecting the drive. 

2. Use USB / Flash drive to save the recovered data as using the same drive might start overwriting the formatted data. 

I'd happy to help if you need any more help in recovering your data. 

• Proposed as answer by OliverGeeky Wednesday, February 12, 2014 6:17 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by OliverGeeky Wednesday, February 12, 2014 6:17 AM
    • Edited by OliverGeeky Thursday, May 22, 2014 5:48 PM Typo
    Wednesday, February 12, 2014 6:17 AM
  • Wednesday, February 12, 2014 6:38 AM
  • Hi, there is an appropriate and safest way by which you can recover hard disk data completely. You can use Hard Drive Data Recovery Software to recover entire hard disk data.

Read More : http://www.en.datarestoresoftware.com/deleted-partition-recovery.html

Tuesday, February 18, 2014 12:39 PM
  • Have you restored your lost data back?

If you have, I hope you can learn a lesson to make data backups all the time.

Next time, if you unfortunately face the similar data loss problems, you can directly take chances with some data recovery tools like TestDisk, iCare Data Recovery Free and Recuva, etc.

Note: No matter which one you choose, you better run the selected tool more times to get back your wanted data as much as possible.

Friday, March 07, 2014 7:25 AM
  • hi,

Last night i was formatted my hard disk AT THE TIME OF installing linux. and accidentally i don't take any backup of my data.

so is there any way to get back of them?.

"First stop saving new files on formatted hard disk then take advantage of
    an effective data recovery app. From the first time i had gone under this
    situation, Remo Recover is there on my computer and still helps me a lot
    in restoring data."

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 12:22 AM
  • For the recovery of your data from windows file system you can use a smartly programmed application such as Recover Data for Windows Data Recovery Software. It is an effective tool for the recovery of data and files from any kind of storage device which has FAT or NTFS file system. You can visit http://mail2web.com/plugins/addons/outlook/backups-archiving/best-windows-data-recovery_904.html to know more about the tool.
    Thursday, March 27, 2014 6:46 AM
  • Hi,

There is still a big chance for you to recover your data using data recovery software. However, making trial and error on different applications trying to recover your important files might lead you to lost your data permanently.

There are also some professional data recovery services you can consult about your problem such as WeRecoverData.com, they provide free evaluation that could give you good ideas on how to recover your data.

Friday, April 04, 2014 3:46 AM
  • I agree, i used www.WeRecoverData.com and they did an amazing job. 

I found that Linux file recovery cannot be done by software, its a complex recovery since the iNodes gets wiped out permanently.

You should try them.

• Proposed as answer by Mr Nice Friday, April 04, 2014 9:31 PM
    Friday, April 04, 2014 9:31 PM
  • Thank you for these useful answers. They helped me a lot.

In fact, a week ago, I also mistakenly formatted my external hard drive and lost something important. So, I searched a lot over the internet and found some data recovery tools could help me. So, I tried some of them and finally restored all my wanted drive files back.

I had stored that data recovery tool on my computer:

http://freeware-fix.blogspot.com/2013/02/format-recovery.html

It may give you some clues there.

Thank you very much!!!
    Wednesday, April 09, 2014 1:56 AM
  • You can use Hard Drive Data Recovery Software to recover entire hard disk data.

Stellar Data Recovery and Disk Doctor Data Recovery are few good software

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 10:26 AM
  • In my point of view at this situation you should use best data recovery tool which recover or restore your all corrupted, formatted, deleted or inaccessible hard disk data rapidly.

More Reference

http://www.datarecoveryntfs.org/

Monday, May 05, 2014 5:58 AM
  • In my point of view at this situation you should use best data recovery tool which recover or restore your all corrupted, formatted, deleted or inaccessible hard disk data rapidly.

If you need Windows Data Recovery Software. Before purchase or free download read review and comparison table carefully . Visit the comparison table click http://www.comparisonandreviews.org

Saturday, May 10, 2014 4:47 PM
  • You can use data recovery software to recover deleted data but if the drive was formatted and omitted every data from it, always go with a reliable data recovery company. I'm sure you regain the precious data.

Wednesday, May 14, 2014 10:46 AM