none
[SOLVED] SCOM 2007 Create alerts for each eventid with the same ID

Question

• Hello,

I'm watching for a solution for this problem. I created a monitor for the eventid 84, it works but if the alert isn't closed when a new one arrive. It didn't appeared... and i need to have one alert for each error with the ID 84. Is that possible ? The counter isn't interesting in my case because the event's description isn't necessarily the same for each alert.

Thank you

• Edited by David Mncc Tuesday, August 06, 2013 7:18 AM
    Monday, August 05, 2013 8:10 PM

Answers

• Create a RULE (not a monitor) for event id 84. Leave the Alert Suppression completely unchecked in the Alert tab.

"Fear disturbs your concentration"

• Marked as answer by David Mncc Tuesday, August 06, 2013 7:14 AM
    Monday, August 05, 2013 8:48 PM

All replies

• Create a RULE (not a monitor) for event id 84. Leave the Alert Suppression completely unchecked in the Alert tab.

• Marked as answer by David Mncc Tuesday, August 06, 2013 7:14 AM
    Monday, August 05, 2013 8:48 PM
  • Thank you very much !!!

I think I need to follow some lessons....

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 7:17 AM
  • A monitor is used when you have a "state-based" thing you want to watch, like the free space on a drive (is it over 90% full or not?) or a service (is the service running or not?)

A rule is used to watch for a specific event/thing happening, like an event in the event log or a specific time event, like "every 5 minutes". Rules can also be used to collect performance data (among other things)

Tuesday, August 06, 2013 3:16 PM
  • Thank you for this explanation
    Wednesday, August 07, 2013 7:11 AM