none
System tiles

Question

• Hi,

As we know many of us using many different email accounts base on imap (not only gmail, outlook, etc) Is any chance to change system tile and notification tile for different imap accounts ? I'm using lumia 920 GDR3 and having 3 different imap accounts showing mails with the same tile is a bit all wet. 

Is any chance to assign custom tiles for different email accounts within next lumia black (wp 8.1 ) update ? 

Thank you

/Krzysztof

Monday, November 04, 2013 10:16 PM

Answers

All replies

• The default behavior is to create a separate tile for Exchange accounts, Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo etc. How are you adding these additional accounts?
    Monday, November 04, 2013 11:48 PM
  • Add and account -> other account.

Once done I'm using advanced options to define imap and smtp servers .

So if I will add 2, 3 etc account like above - will have the same icon "envelope". 

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 12:10 AM
  • From my investigation, it appears that there are no alternative icons available for email accounts configured as the same type (2 yahoo accounts or 2 imap accounts as you mention). The best bet for now might be to change the size of the tiles to differentiate them if they are often confused for each other.

Per your post, I will check if this feature plans to be added in the future.

Friday, November 15, 2013 7:37 PM
  • Ok, thank you. With different size I can survive - real problem comes on notification screen – for example if you received 2 email for 2 different IMAP accounts you see on notification screen two the same icons with number of emails J

Saturday, November 16, 2013 8:12 AM
  • Are you referring to the notifications on the lock screen?
    Sunday, November 17, 2013 6:47 PM
  • Yes.
    Monday, November 18, 2013 12:24 PM
  • Currently there is no way to assign different icons to different email accounts. This is a good idea for the suggestion box.
    Sunday, November 24, 2013 9:13 AM