none
SharePoint Integrated SSRS mode SPSecurityContext error

Question

• I have a Form Based Authentication SharePoint 2013 with Integrated SSRS 2012 that's getting SPSecurityContext error on a failed security token when I try to access System Settings in CA. Any help will be highly appreciated

SPSecurityContext: Request for security token failed with exception: System.ServiceModel.ProtocolException:

Saturday, December 14, 2013 1:19 AM

Answers

• Hi lmundia,

Based on the current description, I think it may be a permission issue. Here, I provide some ideas to troubleshoot the issue.

1. Confirm whether you can navigate to the service behind the firewall (http://<your Url here>:32843/SecurityTokenServiceApplication/securitytoken.svc). And then you need open IIS Manager, expand the nodes when seeing SharePoint Web Services. If you expand the node, you'll see the SecurityTokenServiceApplication and will be able to browse the 32843 port via clicking the link under the Actions menu.
    2. If there is error shown, you can modify web.config file to see detailed message. (Before you make any changes, please backup your web.config to a safe location). The web.config file is located in 14 hive\WebServices\SecurityToken\web.config. You can disable customErrors and enable stackTrace.
    3. In IIS logs for the application holding security token, look for responses 500 (activate cs-host in IIS log for this application to see the host headers used in the call).
    4. On the IIS manager, SharepointWebServices website/SecurityTokenServiceApplication, you can change the trust level from Minimal to Full.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Heidi Duan

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Heidi Duan
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, December 16, 2013 10:00 AM