none
Use Group Policy to disable user interface items and shortcut keys in IE

Question

• Hi,

We are creating a kiosk mode of IE with full restriction to the machines drives and other applications. For that we need to disable all the shortcuts keys like ctrl, shift, alt and combination of these keys. Can anyone help me on this. i want to done this through GPO. Client machines are windows 7 and we are having windows server 2008 R2 (AD server).

Thanks,

UdayaKumar S

Friday, June 13, 2014 10:35 AM

Answers

• I need to disable the ctrl, Alt, and shift keys and combinations of these keys with other keys as for example, cltrl+H, Ctrl+o, ets., and most important thing is, we need to apply it only through GPO not by using any other tools/ applications.

I'm not aware of any GPO-only methods to achieve your goal (hence my other suggestions), sorry.
    Others might comment here with their thoughts/suggestions/experiences..

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 8:24 AM

All replies

• this may be helpful:
    http://sysadministrivia.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/creating-kiosk-machine-with-windows-7.html

Don
    (Please take a moment to "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", where applicable.
    This helps the community, keeps the forums tidy, and recognises useful contributions. Thanks!)

Friday, June 13, 2014 11:56 AM
  • also this: http://superuser.com/questions/614190/locking-down-a-windows-7-pc-to-just-a-browser

Don

Friday, June 13, 2014 12:01 PM
  • Dear Don,

I need to disable the ctrl, Alt, and shift keys and combinations of these keys with other keys say for example, cltrl+H, Ctrl+o, etc., and most important thing is, we need to apply it only through GPO not by using any other tools/ applications.

Thanks,

UdayaKumar S

• Edited by Udayauk33 Tuesday, June 17, 2014 10:30 AM
    Tuesday, June 17, 2014 6:27 AM
  • I need to disable the ctrl, Alt, and shift keys and combinations of these keys with other keys as for example, cltrl+H, Ctrl+o, ets., and most important thing is, we need to apply it only through GPO not by using any other tools/ applications.

I'm not aware of any GPO-only methods to achieve your goal (hence my other suggestions), sorry.
    Others might comment here with their thoughts/suggestions/experiences..

Don

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 8:24 AM