none
Synchronization Active Directory with SQL Server 2008 in Windows Server 2008

Question

• Hello,

I am having a doubt regarding the Synchronization Active Directory with SQL server 2008 or 2012 in Windows Server 2008 R2.

Actually I am deploying the Exchange Server 2013 in our office and I also want to install SQL Server 2008 on that Server.

So, I am not able to find the option to synchronize the Active Directory with SQL Server 2008 in windows server 2008 R2. If any thing happens in future to my server So, I can pull this Database backup and restore it on another server instead of recreating all the users again in the new server.

Please any help me in this doubt and tell me what to do incase if we are having the option. I am thinking there is an option regarding my query.

Regards

N.Sainath

Friday, August 23, 2013 11:48 AM

Answers

• I'm not sure what you are asking for here.  To my knowledge, there is no synchronization of AD to SQL, if by that you mean that you want to load AD into SQL as a backup.  If you are talking something else, please try stating it in a different manner.  You could write your own routines to pull certain information out of AD and store it in your own database, but the example you provide is not a good one.  You cannot pull passwords out of AD, store them someplace else, and then expect to be able to stuff them back in later.

The absolute easiest way to create a backup of AD is to install another domain controller.  AD automatically keeps everything in sync.  It does not protect against corruption of AD, as that would replicate, too.  So you can backup AD so that it can later be restored.  It is not a trivial process, and it is documented in TechNet.

.:|:.:|:. tim

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 12:17 AM

All replies

• I'm not sure what you are asking for here.  To my knowledge, there is no synchronization of AD to SQL, if by that you mean that you want to load AD into SQL as a backup.  If you are talking something else, please try stating it in a different manner.  You could write your own routines to pull certain information out of AD and store it in your own database, but the example you provide is not a good one.  You cannot pull passwords out of AD, store them someplace else, and then expect to be able to stuff them back in later.

The absolute easiest way to create a backup of AD is to install another domain controller.  AD automatically keeps everything in sync.  It does not protect against corruption of AD, as that would replicate, too.  So you can backup AD so that it can later be restored.  It is not a trivial process, and it is documented in TechNet.

.:|:.:|:. tim

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 12:17 AM
  • Thank you for replying my question. Yes I want to Synchronize my Active directory with my SQL Server Data Base in Windows Server 2008 or 2012.

Okay Fine.

Actually we are Deploying Exchange Server in one Machine and Active Directory in another machine, So We want to use SQL Server to backup of all Users Information So we can directly restore the data.

Saturday, August 31, 2013 12:23 PM