none
Windows XP with Exchange Server 2010

Question

• First, please excuse this question.  I have seen it asked a bunch of times around the internet already but unfortunately, nothing I have found has solved my issue and it's really starting to drive me mad.  Mad I say!  :-)

I just implemented our new Exchange 2010 server and now have it up and running alongside our old Exchange 2003 box.  I have begun migrating mailboxes over to it and all had been going well until yesterday.  I migrated over a user that is still using Windows XP (we all are using Office 2007) and found that he was unable to connect to the new server.  When running the Connectivity Analyzer, it fails here: Testing SSL mutual authentication with the RPC proxy server.  Verification of mutual authentication failed.  The certificate common name mydomainname.com doesn't validate against the mutual authentication string that was provided: msstd:*.mydomainname.com.

I am using a "Standard Multiple Domain (UCC) SSL Up to 5 Domains" certificate from GoDaddy and all of my Windows 7 computers and connecting fine.  If anyone knows of a way to get this all working with Windows XP, I would appreciate it.  

Thanks in advance.

-Chris

• Edited by Diggit2001 Wednesday, October 12, 2011 8:23 PM
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 8:23 PM

All replies

• How are your Win XP clients connecting? Are you using OA or MAPI?

Are they on the latest SP

Sukh
    Thursday, October 20, 2011 10:10 PM
  • On your XP machine, ensure you have "Update Root Certificates" installed under your Add/Remove Programs.  Your workstation will go out to the internet and check the CRL (certificate revocation list) and validate that GoDaddy is a 'real' CA provider.

Travis J. Moore Exchange Senior Engineer Planet Technologies | www.Go-Planet.com
    Thursday, January 12, 2012 8:19 PM