none
how to get command prompt through safe mode

Question

• when i press f8 in win 7 i have the option of 'run safe mode with command prompt' but it does not work on choosing it.

one thing more i can not run my operating system in normal mode and not have win os disc.

so, help me how to enter into cmd on rebooting the system.thanks
    Monday, August 19, 2013 7:46 AM

Answers

• thanks kate li,

yes i know i have the option of using the windows 7 OS disc to get the command line but is there any other

option that i can access it without external source bz i am IT support person so, sometimes i have to do it  quickly without having any source like using sticky keys or some other way.

thanks..,

Hi,

The steps I provide don't require external resource. You can easily find the advance option by pressing and holding the F8 key as your computer restarts.

Kate Li

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, August 22, 2013 10:42 AM

All replies

• Try opening a Command Prompt while in Windows Repair Mode.
    Monday, August 19, 2013 12:43 PM
  • Hi,

As my understanding, we cannot boot into Windows. You would like to try the command line, but the safe mode with command prompt didn’t work.

Regarding current situation, I suggest we use command prompt under Windows recovery option:

What are the system recovery options in Windows?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-are-system-recovery-options#what-are-system-recovery-options=windows-7

Also, you can try other options here to repair the startup issue.

Hope these could be helpful.

Kate Li

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 7:29 AM
  • thanks kate li,

yes i know i have the option of using the windows 7 OS disc to get the command line but is there any other

option that i can access it without external source bz i am IT support person so, sometimes i have to do it  quickly without having any source like using sticky keys or some other way.

thanks..,

Tuesday, August 20, 2013 8:43 AM
  • thanks kate li,

thanks..,

Press F8 at boot time to get into Repair Mode. No external medium required!
    Tuesday, August 20, 2013 11:08 AM
  • thanks kate li,

thanks..,

Hi,

The steps I provide don't require external resource. You can easily find the advance option by pressing and holding the F8 key as your computer restarts.

Kate Li

Thursday, August 22, 2013 10:42 AM