none
Using MAP on networks with AIX and Oracle

Question

• Im new to MAP. We have an environment with Windows and AIX hosts which i want to use MAP on. I see plenty of references to MAP being compatable with Linux and even HP-UX.  But will it also discover AIX hosts too?  In particular, Oracle databases on AIX?  Thanks!!

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 11:27 PM

All replies

• Some distros of Linux and HP-UX for UNIX are what is supported, but it may be possible for MAP to inventory AIX, but no guarantees. For Oracle, when MAP inventories a Linux/UNIX machine, it queries for the RPM and DPKG installations then looks for ‘Oracle’ in the vendor attribute. Any application that is not listed in either of those queries is not discovered by MAP.

Therefore, if Oracle was installed by some other means then it is unlikely to be discovered through this method. Admittedly, I have almost no knowledge of how these services work and if they register software or something else.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, February 21, 2013 7:41 PM