none
Chart Lines Dissapearing When Line Width Less than .38pt

Question

• I have a Line Chart with about 70 different series. As you can imagine, it gets pretty crowded. In SQL server 2005, I was able to set the line width to .25pt, but when I try to do the same in 2012, the lines disappear! The smallest line width that I can get to show up is .38.....If anyone out there knows why this happens, I would really appreciate a hint. I've tried everything from messing with the markers to the empty point settings...

Thanks

Tuesday, January 07, 2014 7:20 PM

Answers

• Hi Scott,

I am able to reproduce your scenario that when the line width with less than or equal to 0.375pt, they will all disappear in the line chart in my test environment. Based on my research, it seems to be the particular render extensions which cannot display the narrow lines in line chart. However, if we export the report into PDF, the all lines which narrow than 0.375pt will appear in the report. I think this is by design.

I would suggest you submitting a wish at https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/Feedback

Connect site is a connection point between you and Microsoft, and ultimately the larger community. Your feedback enables Microsoft to make software and services the best that they can be, and you can learn about and contribute to exciting projects.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
    Katherine Xiong

Katherine Xiong
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Angry Scott Thursday, January 09, 2014 7:02 PM
    Wednesday, January 08, 2014 11:36 AM

All replies

• Hi Scott,

I am able to reproduce your scenario that when the line width with less than or equal to 0.375pt, they will all disappear in the line chart in my test environment. Based on my research, it seems to be the particular render extensions which cannot display the narrow lines in line chart. However, if we export the report into PDF, the all lines which narrow than 0.375pt will appear in the report. I think this is by design.

I would suggest you submitting a wish at https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/Feedback

Connect site is a connection point between you and Microsoft, and ultimately the larger community. Your feedback enables Microsoft to make software and services the best that they can be, and you can learn about and contribute to exciting projects.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,
    Katherine Xiong

Katherine Xiong
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Angry Scott Thursday, January 09, 2014 7:02 PM
    Wednesday, January 08, 2014 11:36 AM
  • Katherine--

Perfectly answered. After exporting to a PDF, everything is as it should be. This is a huge relief! I never even thought of exporting when I couldn't see anything in the first place.

Thank you very much!

--No longer Angry Scott

Thursday, January 09, 2014 7:04 PM