How do I Forward mail in Windows 8?

Question

• Using the mail app in windows 8, how do I forward mail?

I can reply easily but there doesn't seem to be anyway to forward mail.

I am using a Samsung series 7 slate.

Friday, July 06, 2012 4:30 PM

Answers

Hi

Select the email that you wish to forward.

Click the Reply Icon at the top/right.

You will see 3 options: Reply, Reply All, and Forward.

Regards

Friday, July 06, 2012 7:15 PM

All replies

Hi

Select the email that you wish to forward.

Click the Reply Icon at the top/right.

You will see 3 options: Reply, Reply All, and Forward.

Regards

Friday, July 06, 2012 7:15 PM
  • Thank you, much appreciated. I knew it had to be somewhere!
    Friday, July 06, 2012 7:37 PM
  • It's disappointing that Windows has become so Un-intuitive. I've had to google for simple things like "how to forward an email" and "Where is the SHUTDOWN".

Shouldn't have a "Reply" looking icon that has Forward hidden under it.

Shouldn't have "Shutdown" under "Settings"!

This is the road Apple took. once it is memorized where things are or the gestures, then sure it might be easier, but they should also be intuitive.  having Shutdown under Settings is neither intuitive nor easier to get to. Now takes MORE steps to get there. Why not have a stinkin' Shutdown on the START page? or in the bar on the right with Search, Share, Start, Devices, Settings?

Sorry for spouting. My wife and I have spent days trying to learn new tricks with Windows 8 that DID NOT need to be done. :-(

I hope you are listening Microsoft. When my wife gets up from the computer all frustrated because she can't figure out how to FORWARD an email and then I sit down thinking it should be easy and end up googling for it...this is not a good choice for user interface. Ironically, there is plenty of room up by the "Reply/Forward" button that it could have had it's own button.

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 4:28 AM
  • I couldn't agree more with HackerJunk 2.  Seems Microsoft UI has done a 180 degree turn.  They had it figured out with Win 7, so they went back to the 1990's with Windows 8 for a do over! 

Why would they hide "Forward" under "Reply" ????  Forward has nothing to do with Reply, just checked the dictionary!

Why create more steps to Shut Down?  Why do I need to hover the mouse in the corners to get other other windows to popup? 

Why do you have to go into the corners/Devices to find the Print button, which is sometimes not there depending on the screen your on?????

...and yes.... I too had to Google "how do I forward an email".

Otherwise, gotta say that Windows 8 desktop is great, and I am loving the new toolbars/Ribbon, etc.  The apps....not so much, just not intuitive.

Can't wait for Windows 9 to fix the Start Screen UI intuitive issues.

Thank you Ronnie V for your post!

Friday, December 21, 2012 12:57 AM
  • Hi HackerJunk2, I couldn't agree more. Windows 8 is just SO different you really don't have a hope of working it out. I've just tried forwarding an email and gave up. Like you I Googled a solution and even that doesn't work! I've right clicked 'Reply' and no drop down with options. Anyone out there got any ideas what I can do next? My partner has bought me a brilliant new laptop for Christmas and I can't use it!!!
    Monday, December 31, 2012 11:13 PM
  • I'm with you, Hack. There are lots of things about Windows8 which look great an are intriguing, but there's a huge lack of user-friendliness in many other regards, and some stuff that just seems like a dumb change for the sake of change. I also don't like the way they kind of force your hand with regard to things like email. It's like they are doing everything they can to force you to do it their new way. I'm hoping with some time for bugs to be worked out and 2nd party software developers to work with it there are brighter days ahead. Right now I'm not real happy I 'upgraded' to 8.

Tuesday, January 01, 2013 9:11 PM
  • Hey Bunikate -

Left click on reply - not right click. I did the same thing. One more example of non-intuitive programing. Incidentally, I also had to Google for help on how to fwd an email. I can usually 'feel my way through programs to figure stuff like this out. And this should be a simple one. Microsoft messed up on this one.

Tuesday, January 01, 2013 9:15 PM
  • You are totally correct.  That is why Geeks should never be assigned to "layout"  a program and should only focus on the internal mechanisms which move the system.

Older, more experienced team members should handle the "human dynamics" part of how the system is laid out.  They will focus on ease of use and organization.  The geeks will just have you go through numerous hoops so they don't have to correct any of their errors.

I employ dozens of geeks and dozens of older experienced business team members and they produce outstanding results through this division of expertise.

Wednesday, January 02, 2013 2:34 AM
  • So...What if the only icons I have are 'New', 'Reply', and 'Delete'. I use MSN (Hotmail) and have a new Windows 8 laptop. I've tried right clicking the email as well and forwarding is not an option that displays...

dumnfounded :/

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 2:58 PM
  • Ok...So I was reading a little further down and noticed HackerJunk2 complaining about the forward option being hidden and found it!! lol

Thanks for the whining man! ;)

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 3:03 PM