none
brightness display showing white box in the corner of the screen???

Question

• I just installed windows 7 prof on my gateway laptop and everything ran smoothly, but im having an issue when I use the function key to change the screens brightness a white box shows up at the corner of the screen instead of what showed up in vista!! Anyone know how to fix this???
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 4:20 AM

Answers

• Sorry but I will need to suggest contact Gateway for the driver or application we are looking for. Tried to search for your notebook but failed to find such a program.

We are looking for a driver or an application to control the key combinations function and appearence. Function keys are drived by such a program so as we upgraded to Windows 7, they may lose function or the appearence shows incorrect. Try confirm with Gateway to see if there is a suitable version for Windows 7. If not, find a Windows Vista version to test install it in Compatibility Mode.
    Friday, November 20, 2009 4:19 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Can you provide a screenshot of the white box? Here are the steps to upload a picture. 

Meanwhile the issue may be caused if the keyboard driver or application is not installed. I think the original Windows Vista system is an OEM system which comes with the computer. OEM system will include many third party drivers and applications. As it is upgraded to Windows 7, these things may stop working.

Please let me know the exact model of the Gateway laptop. We can try to find a driver for Windows 7 (or Windows Vista and install it in Compatibility Mode). Also you can try to contact Gateway to see if there is any update or driver we can get.
    Thursday, November 19, 2009 8:14 AM
  • Ok so I took the screenshot and the white box is not showing up on it, but the white box only shows up when I hit FN F8- I have a gateway MT6705 Notebook. I did look on the gateway site but I don't even know what driver to look for!! Thanks
    Friday, November 20, 2009 2:30 AM
  • Sorry but I will need to suggest contact Gateway for the driver or application we are looking for. Tried to search for your notebook but failed to find such a program.

We are looking for a driver or an application to control the key combinations function and appearence. Function keys are drived by such a program so as we upgraded to Windows 7, they may lose function or the appearence shows incorrect. Try confirm with Gateway to see if there is a suitable version for Windows 7. If not, find a Windows Vista version to test install it in Compatibility Mode.
    Friday, November 20, 2009 4:19 AM
  • This will help reduce the "bright white" color in folders and documents.

http://s1272.photobucket.com/user/leeraygolf/media/gray_zps2abf0655.mp4.html

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 2:47 PM