none
what are unternate way to map

Question

• Hello,

In one of my interview, interviewer asked me that if i don't want to use MAP to transform, is it posible ?

And how many other way to do this ?

can some body help me with this ?

Thanks and Regards, Nilesh Thakur.

Tuesday, October 08, 2013 11:11 AM

Answers

• Technically, the answer yes but it would depend on how far you want to take it.

The only practical answer is yes, you can use a custom xslt style sheet as an alternative to the Mapper tool, but it's still a map.

You can also directly manipulate an XmlDocument but that would be for a very specific requirement.

Tuesday, October 08, 2013 11:27 AM

All replies

• Technically, the answer yes but it would depend on how far you want to take it.

The only practical answer is yes, you can use a custom xslt style sheet as an alternative to the Mapper tool, but it's still a map.

You can also directly manipulate an XmlDocument but that would be for a very specific requirement.

Tuesday, October 08, 2013 11:27 AM
  • Hi Nilesh,

Yes, It’s possible.

With custom pipeline component, you can construct a new message from the received message.

In your orchestration, using message assignment you can construct a new message by assigning the content of another message.

You can apply XSLT on message to construct new message, but still this what happens in map.

You can call a C# external helper method to contract a new message as XMLDocument.

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

Tuesday, October 08, 2013 11:35 AM
  • Hello,

it can be done, i think you would need to use class XslCompiledTransform, which would programatically load XSLT and this can done with out using .btm file

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.xml.xsl.xslcompiledtransform.aspx

HTH

please Mark as the Answer, If this answers your question. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

Tuesday, October 08, 2013 11:59 AM
  • Hi Nilesh,

The basic purpose of Map is Message construction(by transforming/passing values from source to destination).

Ashwin has already answered your question, but I would also ask you to go through following link which will help you in getting insights:

Message Construction in an Orchestration

I hope this helps!!!!!!

Maheshkumar S. Tiwari|BizTalk Developer Interview Questions and Answers

http://tech-findings.blogspot.com/

Tuesday, October 08, 2013 1:32 PM
  • The answer is yes

we can do 

• coustom XSLT
      • can use C# for transformations , andd refer that class in orchestration 
      • Using C# and XSL improve the performance when compared to Maps.
      • The Custom-XSLT is very easy to maintain when designed properly
      • Preference is using the Custom - XSLT which is a good choice if you are most familiar with the XSLT and if mappings involve a lot business rules 
    • In orchestration by using a message assignment shape inside of a message construction shape

please Mark as the Answer, If this answers your question. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

• Proposed as answer by tatva adams Wednesday, October 09, 2013 5:57 PM
    Wednesday, October 09, 2013 5:56 PM