none
Missing My Site Cleanup Job SharePoint 2010

Question

• I noticed in my production SharePoint 2010 farm that my user profiles just kept growing, in troubleshooting and research I discovered this was because the My Site Cleanup Job was not running. When I went to look to see what might be casuing it to fail I found that it does not exist. I thought maybe I could see it so I tried running the get-sptimerjob cmdlet and reviewed the list of jobs it created and no My Site Cleanup. I do have a my site host, I noted that this was needed for the My Site Cleanup to work.

So my question is how can I create this timer job? Will re-creating the UPA service do that?

Thanks,

Lon

Tuesday, November 12, 2013 6:38 PM

Answers

• Ran the SharePoint Product wizard and then the Farm wizard as prompted. Overnight the job finally showed and has trimmed all of my excess profiles.

Thanks, for your help.

Lon

Thursday, November 14, 2013 4:14 PM

All replies

• re run the config wizard will recreate the timer job. rerun with don't disconnect server from farm .

Please remember to mark your question as answered &Vote helpful,if this solves/helps your problem. ****************************************************************************************** Thanks -WS MCITP(SharePoint 2010, 2013) Blog: http://wscheema.com/blog

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 5:15 AM
  • Thanks for the suggestion, ran the Farm Config wizard, no change, to were you referring to the SharePoint Config wizard?

Thanks,

Lon

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 3:58 PM
  • I am refereeing the SharePoint Config wizard, run it on the central admin box 1st. 

because if for some reason any OOTB timer job got deleted, then running config wizard will install the SharePoint features again.

Please remember to mark your question as answered &Vote helpful,if this solves/helps your problem. ****************************************************************************************** Thanks -WS MCITP(SharePoint 2010, 2013) Blog: http://wscheema.com/blog

• Edited by Waqas Sarwar(MCSE 2013) Wednesday, November 13, 2013 4:03 PM
    • Marked as answer by LonF1 Thursday, November 14, 2013 4:14 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by LonF1 Friday, November 15, 2013 6:40 PM
    Wednesday, November 13, 2013 4:02 PM
  • Ran the SharePoint Product wizard and then the Farm wizard as prompted. Overnight the job finally showed and has trimmed all of my excess profiles.

Thanks, for your help.

Lon

Thursday, November 14, 2013 4:14 PM