none
Help! the concurrent scheduled Email subscription and File share delivery do not share the same cache from each other, if scheduled at the same time

Question

• Hello, I have a long-running report for both email subscription and file share delivery subscription, with same parameter values.

I set up a cache options and wanted to just run for once for both subscriptions since it's a long-running report.

It works as expected - only if the second subscription starts after the first subscription finishes, the second subscription retrieves cached report rendered from the first subscription.

However, if both the subscriptions start at the same time, then they both do the actual report processing and retrieve data from live, which I can tell from the source column of the view reportserver.dbo.executionlog3 being Live instead of Cache. I tested that both the two concurrent report requests from IE retrieve data from Live instead of Cache too, if they start with no cache.

I cannot predict how long the report needs to be rendered therefore I can only schedule them at the same time.

Could you please help how I make sure only one actual report data retrieve occur even for concurrent refresh report rendering? Any solution or workaround will be highly appreciated!

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 11:28 PM

All replies

• Hi Henryj2.

Here is a blog for your reference:Troubleshooting Reports: Report Performance

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Alisa Zhang

Thursday, November 07, 2013 1:39 AM