I'm deploying an UAS win7 Enterprise 64BIT image and for specific machines, we need the autologon function.
i tried adding the regkeys mentioned on this forums:
The user is a normal user.
HKLM\software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon AutoAdminlogon = 1 DefaultDomainName = ..... DefaultPassword = password DefaultUserName = powerUser
But that doesn't seem to work. I get the "other user" icon after i logged on with my Admin account.
When I check the registry after this happend i notice that the regkeys DefaultPassword & DefaultUserName are renamed to the Admin account name and the Admin account password.
When I delete the keys and repeat the procedure with NETPLWIZ (select the normal user, add the password) it works again until i log on with the admin account.
I really need to sort this issue out because we need multiple pc's with that solution in a short period of time.
I also tried the autologon application but that doesn't seem to work eighter.
How do i manage to get this working?
Is there a known policy conflict with this ?
Thanks in advance all,
- Edited by Mr.Stofke Thursday, August 22, 2013 7:10 AM
You can try the following method to automatically Logon to Windows 7:
- Click Start, type netplwiz in then search box, and then press Enter.
- Uncheck the option Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer under the tab Users of User Accounts.
- Click Apply at the bottom.
- Enter the user name you wish to automatically Logon to Windows 7 when the Automatically Log On dialog box appears. And enter the current password and confirm it, and then click OK.
- Click OK on the User Accounts window to complete the process.
What’s more, please refer to the Autologon tool to perform automatically Logon:
- Edited by Lany ZhangMicrosoft employee, Moderator Thursday, August 22, 2013 9:34 AM modify
Hi Lany, Thanks for your reply!
As stated above it works with the netplwiz tool. and i tried the autologon application as well.
But afterwards, when i log on with my adminaccount, the autologon for the normal user account stops working.
This is what happens:
Admin account on the PC : Administrator, password Admin1234
DefaultPassword = User1234 becomes Admin1234 = User1234
DefaultUserName = User becomes Administrator = User
So when i don't log on with the admin account (or a runas /u:Administrator) it all works great.
But when i logon with the admin account on any possible way: the keys change and the autologon stops working
Pls disable "Administrator" user account using http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/enable-the-hidden-administrator-account-on-windows-vista/
and create other Admin account like "PCAdmin" and add it to Administrator Groups.
and do the registry changes for Autologin .