none
Windows 7 64bit task sequences showing up when using 32bit boot image

Question

• So I've got about 14 task sequences with a mix of Windows 7 and Vista both using 32bit and 64bit task sequences.

When booting from the 32bit boot image; I can view the 32bit Windows 7 and Vista task sequences along with the 64bit Windows 7 task sequences.

When booting the 64bit boot image; I can only view the 64bit Windows Vista images.

Is there anyway I can completely separate the task sequences by architecture?  32bit task sequences only show up when using 32bit boot image and 64bit task sequences show up when using 64 boot image.

I'm using MDT 2012 SP1.

Thank you in advance!

• Edited by c.grz Monday, February 11, 2013 6:12 AM
    Monday, February 11, 2013 5:22 AM

All replies

• No this is because the 32-bit boot image supports the deployment of both x86 and x64 operating systems. So you will be able to see them both.

Any way to prevent seeing the 64-bit task sequences in 32-bit 'mode' is to hide or disable the task sequence or the parent task sequence group from within the MDT workbench.

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

Monday, February 11, 2013 10:05 AM
  • No this is because the 32-bit boot image supports the deployment of both x86 and x64 operating systems. So you will be able to see them both.

Any way to prevent seeing the 64-bit task sequences in 32-bit 'mode' is to hide or disable the task sequence or the parent task sequence group from within the MDT workbench.

If this post is helpful please click "Mark for answer", thanks! Kind regards

Hello -

I'm not sure if I understand your response, and so I wanted to clarify.  The only way to prevent the x64 TS from appearing from a 32bit boot would be to disable the TS or the group it belongs to, correct?  Of course doing this would disable it from appearing within an x64 boot also, correct?

Thx,
    Gaylen

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 6:31 PM
  • I think what he was trying to get at with the screenshot was 'This can run only on the specified client platforms'

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ” How to ask a question that is fixable.

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 11:52 PM