none
SSRS Dropdown

Question

• Hello All,

I have a multi valued parameter passed to a report. I am able to display the values depending on the selection from the dropdown. How do I hide the checkbox from the dropdown? Following is the screen shot:

Friday, December 06, 2013 6:15 PM

Answers

• Hi Amol_SCI,

In Reporting Services, if we want to select a signal value from a parameter, we should set the parameter as a signal parameter. If we want to select some multiple values from a parameter, we should set the parameter as a multiple parameter. In this case, we need to click the checkbox before the different values to select the multiple values in the drop-down list. So I’m curious about why you want to hide the checkboxes, it doesn’t make sense.

The following article about Report Parameters is for your reference:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd220464.aspx#bkmk_Report_Parameters 

If there are any misunderstanding, please elaborate the issue for further investigation.

Regards,
    Katherine Xiong

Katherine Xiong
    TechNet Community Support

Sunday, December 08, 2013 12:46 PM

All replies

• Hi Amol ,

Am not exactly clear with your requirement . Do you want  to remove the by Default Selected Values in the Multi-Parameter Values  ? and select the

values from the Drop Down as per your own wish . For that Go to  :

1.Report Data -- >  Your Parameter (Multi - Parameter one ) --- > It's Parameters Properties ---- >  Default Values Tab ----- >  No Default Values ..

If you are looking for something else kindly let me know.

Saturday, December 07, 2013 7:07 AM
  • Hi Amol_SCI,

In Reporting Services, if we want to select a signal value from a parameter, we should set the parameter as a signal parameter. If we want to select some multiple values from a parameter, we should set the parameter as a multiple parameter. In this case, we need to click the checkbox before the different values to select the multiple values in the drop-down list. So I’m curious about why you want to hide the checkboxes, it doesn’t make sense.

The following article about Report Parameters is for your reference:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd220464.aspx#bkmk_Report_Parameters 

If there are any misunderstanding, please elaborate the issue for further investigation.

Regards,
    Katherine Xiong

Katherine Xiong
    TechNet Community Support

Sunday, December 08, 2013 12:46 PM