none
Legal Department - Remove all blogging features from Sharepoint (mysites)

Question

• Our legal department has come down with an edict that before we officially "launch" sharepoint to all users and let them loose with mysites then we have to remove blogging capabilities. I have already hidden choice for users to create a blog site, but all mysites have a blog built in.

Can anyone provide the steps to remove blogging from mysites?

Thanks.
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 6:19 PM

Answers

• Hi,

If you want to disable the Blog application programming interface (API) (link to create a blog) in my site, you can do this in application setting:
    Central Administration >Application Management>Web application general settings>in "Blog API settings" section> select "NO"

Hope it helps.

Xue-Mei Chang
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 10:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

If you want to disable the Blog application programming interface (API) (link to create a blog) in my site, you can do this in application setting:
    Central Administration >Application Management>Web application general settings>in "Blog API settings" section> select "NO"

Hope it helps.

Xue-Mei Chang
    Tuesday, July 21, 2009 10:38 AM
  • Thanks
    Faraz Javaid
    Wednesday, December 15, 2010 4:45 PM
  • Hi ,

I am looking for a solution to hide or disable Blog site from all mysites.As you mentioned that you already did that. Could you please share the steps how did you achieve to hide or disable Blog site template from users ?

Thanks & Regards,

Prasant Sahu

Thanks and Regards, Prasant Sahu Tata Consultancy Services
    Wednesday, October 26, 2011 2:59 PM