none
How Do I Remove embedded Information in a Pop-Up Window?

Question

• How do I remove the "Created at" and "Last modified at" information in a web part? In my case, I will need to do this for a Calendar web part, but will need to remove them from other web parts as well.

I am using Windows 7, IE9, SP2010 & Visual Studio 2010.

Thanks!

Joseph Azzopardi

Thursday, May 03, 2012 3:12 PM

Answers

• Hi Joe,

Try to install SPD 2010.

Select calendar list and add a new form based in DispForm.aspx or EditForm.aspx. Editing, in design or divide view, delete Sharepoint:CreatedModifiedInfo.

Save form, then select that this form is default.

Regards.

Tomás González. Twitter://@tgmourino

• Marked as answer by ncjazz Wednesday, May 09, 2012 7:26 PM
    Friday, May 04, 2012 10:46 AM

All replies

• Hi,

1.- Edit the page.

2.- Select the webpart edit it. Edit the current view:

In the view uncheck the fields you don't want to show:

Save changes and done!.

Regards.

Thursday, May 03, 2012 3:17 PM
  • The Popup window is another page called DispForm.aspx (and theres another called EditForm.aspx, depending on whether you are viewing the item or editing the item). You can customize these pages in SPD to hide the created/modified information at the bottom of the popup window, if this is what you mean. If you open these pages in SPD you can swap these web parts with custom view item and custom edit item web parts. They will actually be data view web parts. From there just click on the created/modified information in the designer and press delete. Make sure the view item and edit item still work after your customizations.

Please mark my response as an answer if appropriate.
    Learn.SharePoint.com

Thursday, May 03, 2012 3:26 PM
  • Hi,

Sorry, I had not understood the question.

Like Learn says, you can edit DispForm.aspx in SPD.

Regards.

Thursday, May 03, 2012 3:34 PM
  • Good ideas, all of the above.

You could also use some jQuery on the page to hide that information as well.  The advantage with this approach is that you won't have custom forms.  Just add the right jQuery to a CEWP and that would solve it.

--Paul Galvin, Slalom
      Microsoft MVP - SharePoint
      Blogging @ http://www.mstechblogs.com/paul
      Twitter @ http://www.twitter.com/pagalvin

Thursday, May 03, 2012 5:04 PM
  • I appreciate all the good responses I'm getting. However, as a newbie, I am having a problem getting SPD to pop-up when I select Edit with SharePoint Designer. This is in spite of installing SPD 2010 once and doing a repair as well; I also selected all the features available during the install.

To try to get around this, I opened DispForm.aspx & EditForm.aspx in Notepad and searched for the strings "Last modified by" and "Created by" with no luck. I tried this same tactic with all the .js files that I could find.

Further suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'll have to try again in the morning.

Joe

Joseph Azzopardi

Thursday, May 03, 2012 6:20 PM
  • Hi Joe,

Try to install SPD 2010.

Select calendar list and add a new form based in DispForm.aspx or EditForm.aspx. Editing, in design or divide view, delete Sharepoint:CreatedModifiedInfo.

Save form, then select that this form is default.

Regards.

• Marked as answer by ncjazz Wednesday, May 09, 2012 7:26 PM
    Friday, May 04, 2012 10:46 AM
  • Sorry it took me so long to respond, i had to react to some other business. The last update by Tomas  did the trick.

Thank you all for your help!

Joseph Azzopardi

Wednesday, May 09, 2012 7:26 PM