none
My store app won't open

Question

• I tried updating to 8.1 a couple months ago but since my computer wouldn't connect to the internet I decided to cancel the update. Ever since then my store app won't open, or any of the other apps for that matter. I tried clearing the windows store cache but a message just pops up saying that it can't find PurgeCaches. And when I ran the app troubleshooter it says that security setting have been changed but it resolved the issues, but I still have the same problem. There isn't an error message that pops up or anything, it just spins and goes back to the start menu.

Wednesday, March 12, 2014 5:54 AM

Answers

• Hi,

For this issue,how did you clear Windows store cache?

If you want to clear Windows store cache,you should use WSReset.exe command.

If the isseu still persists,please Re-register the Store App:

Open CMD by running as administrator, and type following command to re-register the Store App:

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $Env:SystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

In addition, I would like to share the following article with you:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/askperf/archive/2013/10/11/what-to-do-if-your-windows-8-modern-app-fails-to-start.aspx

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kelvin Xu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by kkc780 Thursday, March 13, 2014 5:12 AM
    Thursday, March 13, 2014 1:48 AM

All replies