none
SBS 2011 Email event log notifications

Question

• Hi, i'm running an SBS 2011 Server with exchange active, and i noticed in the sbs console, under network, the "set up notifications" function. This is very useful, however it would be even more useful if i were able to add my own event log trigures to this. For example, Hard Disk allerts, VPN connections/disconnections, temperature, Antivirus  allerts etc.

Anyone know anyway of accomplishing this?

Thanks!

Saturday, October 26, 2013 12:07 AM

Answers

• Ok, that will work.  But there are many ways to set this up so rather than my pointing to one, just search for "email alert on event" or similar.

Larry Struckmeyer[SBS-MVP] If your question is answered, please mark the response as the answer so that others can benefit.

Saturday, October 26, 2013 11:01 AM

All replies

• Hi:

Are you asking if you can trigger an email to you based on some/any event log entry?  The answer is yes.  If you are asking if you can add such to the Console, I think this has not been added to the console functionality by the dev team.

Larry Struckmeyer[SBS-MVP] If your question is answered, please mark the response as the answer so that others can benefit.

Saturday, October 26, 2013 12:31 AM
  • Hi, thanks for the reply

I was asking the former i think, so for example, an event log is generated for an NTFS error, would i be able to create an email notification, through exchange, to inform me of that?

I only mentioned the console as a means to an end, and as information as to how currently i have it set up.
    Saturday, October 26, 2013 1:50 AM
  • Ok, that will work.  But there are many ways to set this up so rather than my pointing to one, just search for "email alert on event" or similar.

Saturday, October 26, 2013 11:01 AM