none
Unable to connect to Deployment Share after restart MDT2012

Question

• Hello Everyone,

Unfortunately in our organization we are currently deploying over 26 different model computers using 4 different vendors including: Dell, HP, Lenovo, and Surface Pro. The issue we are facing is for only ONE model the Lenovo X1 Carbon. This issue is specific to Windows 7 only. When imaging Windows 8 on this model everything works fine.

So here is the situation. When imaging Windows7 on the Lenovo X1 Carbon and after Windows is already loaded our TS installs several pieces of software requiring reboots. After each reboot we get an error Unable to connect to Deployment Share there is an option for retry. If we give the machine a few extra seconds after loading in to Windows we can click retry and the TS resumes and will finish successfully. The real issue is that now the "unattended" deployment in no longer unattended. We have 11 reboots during our deployment requiring our imaging tech to click retry 11 times and monitor the deployment. Any help getting us back on an unattended deployment would be great.

Thanks!

Friday, July 05, 2013 1:03 PM

Answers

• On faster systems like the one you are using I have had to start using a delay, so i simply added the delay for all scripst by modifiying the ZTIUtility.vbs sript. Simpy add one line, wscript.sleep 5000, to the script. I added mine here under check for ip address and it fixed the issues I had exactly like yours.

'Check for IP address

wscript.sleep 5000

Set colAdapters = objWMI.ExecQuery("select * from win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration where IPEnabled=True")

Friday, July 05, 2013 8:43 PM

All replies

• On faster systems like the one you are using I have had to start using a delay, so i simply added the delay for all scripst by modifiying the ZTIUtility.vbs sript. Simpy add one line, wscript.sleep 5000, to the script. I added mine here under check for ip address and it fixed the issues I had exactly like yours.

'Check for IP address

wscript.sleep 5000

Set colAdapters = objWMI.ExecQuery("select * from win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration where IPEnabled=True")

Friday, July 05, 2013 8:43 PM
  • Thank you so much. This was definitely the fix I was looking for.
    Monday, July 08, 2013 6:49 PM
  • Hi,

I tried this fix but it broke the Capture process.  In the TS Wizard as soon as I tick the box for Capture location the following message appears I get a runtime error.

• VBScript Runtime Error has occurred: 
      Error: 500 = Variable is undefined
      VBScript Code:
      -------------------
      ValidateCaptureLocation

I am having exactly the same issue.  I want to a fully automated deploy, sysprep and capture Image, I've added a restart and I get the "unable to connect" issue.  The problem is definitely that the script starts be the PC has picked up its dhcp lease. After a couple of seconds, if I click retry it works fine.

Thanks,

Jason.

Thanks, Jason.

Thursday, January 16, 2014 3:50 PM