none
Enabaling Kerberos in SSRS, SSAS and SharePoint

Question

• Hi,
    I would like to deploy SSRS report( which is pointed SSAS cube ) to SharePoint.
    In SharePoint, Kerberos is enabled.
    SharePoint , SSRS asd SSAS are  three different servers.
    In this scenario,  do I need to enable Kerberos for SSRS and SSAS as well
    Please let me
    Regards,
    Ramesh                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

Thursday, July 11, 2013 8:05 AM

Answers

• Hi Ramesh,

In your scenario, the Kerberos authentication is not required. You can configure the report server to use RSWindowsNegoiate or RSWindowsNTLM authentication. Befor deploying, please ensure the report server runs in SharePoint integrated mode. Besides, on the SSRS server, a SharePoint object model must be installed to deploy the SharePoint integrated mode report server.

If you encounter any error during the deployment, please post the error.

Regards,

Mike Yin
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 9:50 AM

All replies

• Hi Ramesh,

For deployment of reports, enabling Kerberos is not required. The reports will work when you deploy to Sharepoint.

Thanks,

Amit C A

Thursday, July 11, 2013 1:01 PM
  • Hi Ramesh,

In your scenario, the Kerberos authentication is not required. You can configure the report server to use RSWindowsNegoiate or RSWindowsNTLM authentication. Befor deploying, please ensure the report server runs in SharePoint integrated mode. Besides, on the SSRS server, a SharePoint object model must be installed to deploy the SharePoint integrated mode report server.

If you encounter any error during the deployment, please post the error.

Regards,

Mike Yin
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, July 17, 2013 9:50 AM