none
Local administatros pane is missing after upgrade to MDT2013

Question

• Hi all,

After successfully upgrade our MDT 2012 environment to 2013 it seems that don't get the screen anymore where we can add additional local admin users.

The o ly way to get the screen back is by either defining the DOMAINJOIN=... in [default section] of cs.ini or by not skipping the domain membership pane (via SkipDomainMembership=YES)

It used to work in MDT2012 with these declarations in CS.INI (default section), but not in 2013:

SkipDomainMembership=YES
    SkipAdminAccounts=NO

Kind regards,

Bart.

Thursday, October 24, 2013 2:28 PM

Answers

• The Administrators Account page has a rule defined against it in DeployWiz_Definition_ENU.xml

1. SkipAdminAccounts *must* be defined as NO (as compared to the absence of "YES").

2. The Deployment Type can not be Replace or Custom ( can be Refresh or NewComputer ).

3. You *MUST* join a domain, so that JoinDomain is defined, either in the wizard, or CS.ini

I am not sure why you would want to add users to the local administrators group if you were *not* joining a domain.

Keith Garner - keithga.wordpress.com

Thursday, October 24, 2013 5:02 PM

All replies

• The Administrators Account page has a rule defined against it in DeployWiz_Definition_ENU.xml

1. SkipAdminAccounts *must* be defined as NO (as compared to the absence of "YES").

2. The Deployment Type can not be Replace or Custom ( can be Refresh or NewComputer ).

3. You *MUST* join a domain, so that JoinDomain is defined, either in the wizard, or CS.ini

I am not sure why you would want to add users to the local administrators group if you were *not* joining a domain.

Thursday, October 24, 2013 5:02 PM
  • Well, the pane only displays if you enable the domainjoin pane or if you place the domainjoin var in the default section of CS.INI. My domainjoin var is defined in sections per TS. So even if I select a TS whrere the var is set, it will not show the pane.

I'll have a look at the .xml.

Friday, October 25, 2013 7:50 AM
  • There's your problem. You must define *any* value for DomainJoin *before* the wizard pane shows.

IT is not enough to define it sometime afterwards.

Friday, October 25, 2013 5:29 PM