none
Error 30076 Data Source not available after upgrade DPM 2012 R2

Question

• We've recently upgraded our DPM installation from DPM 2010 to DPM 2012 R2, the upgrade was successful and backups were working ok with the exception of backups of protected Deduped 2012 file servers as the OS was 2008 R2

To resolve this we have done an in place upgrade from Server 2008R2 to Server 2012R2.  Now none of my protection groups work, they are all showing as replica inconsistent.  If I run a consistency check it waits a couple of seconds then says the replica is ok but if you then run a sync you get the following error.

"Creating recovery point for F:\ failed:
    Error 30076: Operation failed for F:\ on Server.domain because the recovery point volume for this data source is not available on the DPM server. Future backups will also fail until this issue is fixed.
    Error details: The operation completed successfully (0x0)"Recommended action: 1) If your recovery point volume is offline, bring it online and then run consistency check for the affected data sources.
    2) If your recovery point volume is not available to bring online, remove the affected members from protection and re-protect them. When stopping protection for the affected members, select the option to delete the replica on disk."

I backed up the DPMDB before running the OS upgrade using SQL Management Studio.  So far I have tried the following.

• Delete and restore DPMDB using SQL management studio
    • Restore DPMDB using DPMSync
    • Run DPMSync -Sync
    • Run DPMSync -reallocatereplica

Nothing has worked so far.  Any help would be appreciated.

Wednesday, June 04, 2014 10:04 PM

Answers

• Reinstalled the OS in the end. Never found an answer where I kept the recovery points.
    • Marked as answer by mannd75 Thursday, July 17, 2014 9:38 AM
    Thursday, July 17, 2014 9:38 AM

All replies

• On further investigation I've found that the missing DPM volumes appear to be mounted C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012\DPM\DPM\Volumes\DiffArea\File System, rather than C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012\DPM\DPM\Volumes\Replica\File System where I believe they should be......

Wednesday, June 04, 2014 10:09 PM
  • Reinstalled the OS in the end. Never found an answer where I kept the recovery points.
    • Marked as answer by mannd75 Thursday, July 17, 2014 9:38 AM
    Thursday, July 17, 2014 9:38 AM