none
Does anyone have technet promo codes? - The Promo Code Thread

General discussion

• I was signing up and saw that the promotion code i had was not valid after October 31.  i was 11 hours late.  Does anyone have the active Promotion code?

Thanks

Edit: Moderator Mike chiming in:

Long ago I decided to make this thread the single thread on promo codes so the forum stays relatively clean, and people can still try to find promo codes.  I've been merging other questions on promo codes into this thread unofficially, but now I'm making it official.  

This thread is 3 years old now, and to save you some reading, let me make a few notes about the promotional codes for TechNet in this forum:

1) I've never confirmed or offered any promo codes in this forums from Microsoft, and I wont be.  I'm not connected to any teams offering promotions, as they are often only effective for a short period of time, and only available in certain regions, or through certain conferences, and so I am unable to.  

2) If someone has found one, and posted it here, I haven't deleted that post.  So if you see one here, it might work!

Thanks,
    Mike

Monday, November 01, 2010 3:56 PM

All replies

• I am also looking for one - anyone got one please help.
    Wednesday, November 03, 2010 9:31 PM
  • I'm also looking for one if anyone has any codes?

Thanks

Thursday, November 04, 2010 6:19 PM
  • I'm also looking for one if anyone has any codes?

thanks

Friday, November 05, 2010 9:15 AM
  • Looking for a code as well.............
    MD
    Saturday, November 06, 2010 4:01 PM
  • you can try YSB75 it is yahoo's code and good for $75
    Tuesday, November 09, 2010 7:34 PM
  • Thanks for trying nhawk, code NG.
    MD
    Thursday, November 11, 2010 5:42 PM
  • Still have not found a valid coupon.  Anyone?

Thursday, November 11, 2010 6:28 PM
  • Wow, it's almost like they don't want our 250+ dollars. Where are the promo codes MS?
    Saturday, November 13, 2010 4:59 AM
  • I missed the deadline also. Can anyone from MS tell us when a new code will be released?
    Wednesday, November 17, 2010 2:21 PM
  • Based on the infringement that has been associated with TechNet licenses (people selling them online, and the grey areas of using the licenses on home PCs for "evaluation" in daily use), I wouldn't be surprised if they are considering getting rid of TechNet altogether, or looking into some way to lock the keys down to just VirtualPC images for strictly evaluation purposes.

Some bad apples spoil the bunch.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 2:36 PM
  • Doing away with TechNet would be a terrific shame. It is absolutely vital to those that support MS products. In this case the "cure" would be more harmful than the disease.
    Wednesday, November 17, 2010 3:15 PM
  • TNITQ413 - $261.75.  Works as of today.
    Friday, November 26, 2010 7:06 PM
  • Does anyone know if there has been a new UK code released ?
    Monday, December 06, 2010 11:57 AM
  • 12/23/10 - TNITQ413 still working for professional subscription.
    Thursday, December 23, 2010 4:39 PM
  • TNITQ413 is still working as of right now...
    Friday, January 28, 2011 5:54 PM
  • TNITQ413 seems out of work today...does anyone have a new valid code? Thanks.
    Tuesday, February 01, 2011 5:27 PM
  • Does anyone know a valid promotion code?

Thanks

Monday, February 07, 2011 5:26 AM
  • I would also appreciate a UK promo Code. I let my subscription lapse and now need to re-purchase.

Thanks!

Tuesday, February 08, 2011 12:28 PM
  • does anyone have  valid technet promo code?
    Wednesday, February 09, 2011 5:28 AM
  • Technet Pro Renewal

Coupon Code T90DMA

Valid until April 2, 2011

Friday, February 11, 2011 5:03 AM
  • T90DMA didn't work, Can you confirm?

KC Brown
    Friday, February 11, 2011 2:00 PM
  • Will there be a Technet Subscription discount for 2011 for a new subscription?

Tuesday, February 15, 2011 6:08 PM
  • merging this with another thread about promo codes

Thanks,
    Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 7:45 PM
  • Wondering that, myself.

Pen
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 8:13 PM
  • Can anyone provide me the Technet Professional Subscription code for new customers? Thanks in advance
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 11:14 PM
  • I am also looking for a promo code for new subscribers. TIA
    Friday, February 18, 2011 8:21 AM
  • I am also looking for a promo code for new subscribers. TIA

Ditto. I'm just waiting to sign up once the new code becomes available for 2011. If I have to wait until July for Technet 3.0 so be it!
    Sunday, February 20, 2011 9:27 PM
  • is there an active promocode for new subscription?
    Tuesday, February 22, 2011 5:20 AM
  • Looking for new subscription code as well.
    Thursday, March 10, 2011 5:23 PM
  • This is one I stumbled over, haven't tried.

From now until June 30, 2011 purchase a new TechNet  Subscription Professional and receive an additional three (3) months of service at NO EXTRA CHARGE!!  Microsoft<sup>®</sup> TechNet Subscriptions is a subscription program that provides premium technical resources to help IT Professionals efficiently evaluate, test, and troubleshoot.  IT Professionals can access full-version software for evaluating and supporting both Enterprise and Desktop environments. 

Use my promo code TN3MNA08 when you go to the subscription site or to make things even easier, just clickHERE or on the banner when you place your order to receive the 3 bonus months!!!!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011 8:46 PM
  • All promotion codes I have found so far have expired.
    Monday, March 21, 2011 2:24 PM
  • I have been looking as well with no luck..  Bad part is i let my account expire...
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 3:08 PM
  • I think they will put one out after June 30th. At the moment, they only provide what Sean49345 posted.

I'm not pretty sure which subscription I should get. Standard or Professional. However, if there's a code for professional that brings the price down close to the standard price, then I'll take the professional. Else, I will go with Standard. I don't do anything with Enterprise level. I'm just doing web and windows apps that require different OSes to test on.

I wish TechNet offers development tools as well. MSDN provides everything, but the price is too high for personal interest and to keep up with the current technology.

Can someone clear this for me? If my work place has MSDN, can I bring the software home, install and test it? Or is it against MS policy?

Monday, April 25, 2011 3:40 PM
  • Chloe,

its a good idea to put an entirely separate question about MSDN Licensing issues in a separate post.  I almost disregarded your reply here this thread is about promotional codes.

Please understand that MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions only license specific uses for the software included in these subscriptions.  TechNet only licenses Evaluation of the software included in the Subscription, and MSDN licenses Software Development, Test, and Evaluation uses of the software included in the Subscription.  Because software development is not licensed in TechNet, including Visual Studio would not make sense.  

On to your question about MSDN Licensing, which is covered on this page: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/securedownloads/cc150618.aspx

MSDN is licensed individually, so if your workplace has assigned you, individually, an MSDN Subscription, then its you that is licensed, not your work place.    Page 16 of the Visual Studio licensing whitepaper (which also covers MSDN Licensing) says:

>>Multiple Devices—At Home, At Work, and Elsewhere

>>Any team member can install and use MSDN software on as many devices as they like. The license does not restrict where the device is located (at work, at home, at school, at a customer’s office, etc.). However, each user of that MSDN software must have an appropriate MSDN subscription.

So, you can conclude that if your company licenses you for an MSDN Subscription, you can use MSDN software on any number of devices.  However, your use must be compliant with the MSDN License.  The page linked also has this text:  

Many MSDN subscribers use a computer for mixed use—both design, development, testing, and demonstration of your programs (the use allowed under the MSDN subscription license) and some other use.  Using the software in any other way, such as for doing email, playing games, or editing a document is another use and is not covered by the MSDN subscription license.  When this happens, the underlying operating system must also be licensed normally by purchasing a regular copy of Windows such as the one that came with a new OEM PC.

I hope this helps!  If you have any more questions about MSDN Licensing, go ahead and post them in the MSDN Site Feedback forum here: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-us/msdnfeedback/

Thanks,
    Mike 

Monday, April 25, 2011 4:13 PM
  • Mike,

Thank you. It's cleared now. I don't think my work place has MSDN for every developer.

Since you're MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support, when do you think the next rebate code is coming out?

Monday, April 25, 2011 5:15 PM
  • This is one I stumbled over, haven't tried.

From now until June 30, 2011 purchase a new TechNet  Subscription Professional and receive an additional three (3) months of service at NO EXTRA CHARGE!!  Microsoft<sup>®</sup> TechNet Subscriptions is a subscription program that provides premium technical resources to help IT Professionals efficiently evaluate, test, and troubleshoot.  IT Professionals can access full-version software for evaluating and supporting both Enterprise and Desktop environments. 

Use my promo code TN3MNA08 when you go to the subscription site or to make things even easier, just clickHERE or on the banner when you place your order to receive the 3 bonus months!!!!

This is also shown on  http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/  so would recomend that.   Doesnt save any money now but the free months is a bonus if you renew every year anyway
    Monday, April 25, 2011 7:37 PM
  • mhudson856, you're repeating what Sean49345 posted up top, which I already saw.

I see that Amazon sells the standard subscription. But why does it say 2010? Is it the same as 2011? Does it matter? And is it really a nightmare to activate if I buy it from Amazon?

Thanks.

Monday, April 25, 2011 7:51 PM
  • Hello, 
    Is there as yet a new Technet Promo code? Or will their be? I'm keen to see the sort of saving that 'TN3M11' offered, buy have missed it obviously.

Or is there another way I'm missing like buying through a reseller?

Monday, July 25, 2011 1:46 AM
  • I havent seen any yet. however if I do it will be posted here.

I know amazon is selling the 2010 dvd version here but after a quick search i cant see any 2011 dvd versions

Saturday, August 13, 2011 1:54 PM
  • Hoping to see a new coupon up for technet pro subscription soon. 

Sunday, August 14, 2011 9:47 AM
  • Im waiting as well, lets see one guys

Monday, August 15, 2011 9:13 PM
  • based on the fact Tech Ed will run shortly i'm sure there's a code to come out of that

otherwise i'm considering buying from a MS reseller, as they seem to be substantially cheaper too!

Thursday, September 01, 2011 6:22 AM
  • Still now news on this? :/
    Friday, September 02, 2011 12:58 PM
  • I'll would buy today if I could find a promo code. Any out there yet?
    Clint
    Wednesday, September 07, 2011 3:49 PM
  • Is there really no promo codes out there? IT student looking for some kind of discount. Help us out Microsoft, we want to learn your software but can't afford to drop $400 smackers right now.
    Sunday, September 11, 2011 1:55 PM
  • I'm looking to do some compliance testing at home this subscription would be a huge help.

Any promo codes would be a great help!!!

Friday, September 16, 2011 8:15 PM
  • Still nothing?  $25 or $50 off of the standard subscription rate would be perfect (I don't need access to the enterprise software options at this time).
    Monday, October 03, 2011 7:06 PM
  • Does anyone know if the Microsoft Employees get the subscription package for cheaper from the Microsoft store in Seattle campus ?
    Don
    Thursday, October 06, 2011 8:20 PM
  • My company orders our TechNet subscriptions through a company called Provantage dot com and they sell the New and Renewals for a little less...

(Currently it is about $32 dollars less on New and $22 on Renewal subscriptions than from Microsoft). 

On their home page just search for  JRF-00001  or JRF-00002. 

Hope that helps.

Friday, October 07, 2011 10:26 PM
  • How come it says Technet Direct for 2010????
    Thursday, November 03, 2011 5:11 AM
  • Good Morning guys,

Does anyone know how I can obtain a "Promotion Code" for TechNet professional/plus subscription? I would like to signup for the subscription, but couldn't find one valid code any where.  (or does a code ever really exist? especially for the 40% off code)

Anyone can share some insights on how to obtain one? or have a code which can share? Thanks

:)

Thursday, November 03, 2011 6:06 AM
  • Good question Smyla.com.  The last time the SKUs were updated was 2010, when we went to TechNet Standard, TechNet Professional, and TechNet Professional with Media).  The date on the SKU isn't updated every year, its just updated when the offering changes.   Dont get confused by this, no matter when you buy TechNet, you're buying a year of the Subscription.

Thanks,
    Mike 

Read the Subscriptions Blog!
    Thursday, November 03, 2011 2:13 PM
  • promotion codes use to be very popular for Technet subscriptions but not now.  Microsoft lowered the price and discontinued most if not all promo codes.  Some retailers such as ProVantage, Newegg, etc. have promo codes or special sales.  I got my standard subscription on sale for about $30 off the regular price.  I have not seen one of the big 40% discounts since the prices were changed. 

Monday, November 07, 2011 2:33 AM
  • promotion codes use to be very popular for Technet subscriptions but not now.  Microsoft lowered the price and discontinued most if not all promo codes.  Some retailers such as ProVantage, Newegg, etc. have promo codes or special sales.  I got my standard subscription on sale for about $30 off the regular price.  I have not seen one of the big 40% discounts since the prices were changed. 

Hi Sys-Eng,

But will these subscriptions be the same as original priced subscriptions? E.g. will they have the same number of keys, same access to the same products..etc? As I found there are some "discounted" subscriptions sell at local, but they are stripped down to 1 or 2 set of keys, or with limited access to products...which is not what I wanted. Thanks

NewbieA 

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 11:05 AM
  • Good question Smyla.com.  The last time the SKUs were updated was 2010, when we went to TechNet Standard, TechNet Professional, and TechNet Professional with Media).  The date on the SKU isn't updated every year, its just updated when the offering changes.   Dont get confused by this, no matter when you buy TechNet, you're buying a year of the Subscription.

Thanks,
    Mike 

Hi Mike,

So its been a year from the last updates. Will there be another update soon? Since my company is not paying for my technet nor msdn, I have to pay for myself. Discounts are very important for me. Thanks

NewbieA

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 11:10 AM
  • I need a code please
    JOHNBON
    Monday, December 19, 2011 6:19 PM
  • yes I need a code too, buying from Australia. please help
    • Edited by RichiGam Tuesday, December 20, 2011 1:58 AM
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 1:47 AM
  • Why is buying from Australia so much more expensive? US - $199, South Africa - $199, Australia - $377!!! And the renewal as well! Renewing in Australia is more expensive than buying the initial subscription in the US or SA, or even Nepal! ($250 renewal!). If it wasn't for such a huge price difference I would have bought it a long time ago =(
    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 3:05 AM
  • Why is buying from Australia so much more expensive? US - $199, South Africa - $199, Australia - $377!!! And the renewal as well! Renewing in Australia is more expensive than buying the initial subscription in the US or SA, or even Nepal! ($250 renewal!). If it wasn't for such a huge price difference I would have bought it a long time ago =(

100% agree!!!

How can something that lives in the ether of microsoft be almost double the price, considering our dollar is stronger?/?

Im currently doing my MCITP and would love to purchase a subscription, but don't know if I will now..

Its frustrating to say the least. If anyone can qualify or help with this, pls feel free to asuage my confusion...

Tuesday, January 24, 2012 6:35 AM
  • "From now until February 29th, 2012 Microsoft TechNet Flash subscribers will receive a 15% discount on a new Microsoft® TechNet Subscriptions Professional (the “Offer”): The Offer is available to Microsoft TechNet Flash subscribers only. The 15% discount is based on the estimated retail price in USD; however, actual prices may vary by country, exchange rate and local taxes. Each individual acquiring a subscription in connection with the Offer (the “Subscriber”) is responsible for all related taxes. The Offer is valid only for a new twelve (12) month subscription to TechNet Subscriptions Professional and may not be combined with any other promotions, discounts or offers. The Offer is limited to one (1) per individual Subscriber and may not be used on volume license orders. To receive the Offer, the Subscriber must be a current TechNet Flash subscriber." Promo Code: TNFLA12
    • Edited by PAGOL Saturday, February 04, 2012 10:01 AM
    Saturday, February 04, 2012 9:59 AM
  • Australia only

AUONLY30 which offers a 30% discount on a new Direct subscription or renewal (until 31/03/2012).

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 4:46 AM
  • Promo Code: TNFLA12 does not work.  Told that they could take credit card over phone but would be 5 days before access.  Waste of time.  Microsoft needs to get their act in order.  This is stupid to sent out a mailing saying the code is good to June 30th 2012 only to find it does not work.
    Friday, March 02, 2012 11:00 PM
  • TNFLA12 worked for me: £234 became £199 (plus 23% Irish VAT of course, but still a saving)
    Wednesday, March 07, 2012 11:45 AM
  • Australia only

AUONLY30 which offers a 30% discount on a new Direct subscription or renewal (until 31/03/2012).

AWESOME THIS ONE WORKED FINE FOR ME RENEWEL TechNet Standard THANKS HEAPS !!!!!!!
    Thursday, March 29, 2012 9:10 AM
  • Are there any coupons for renewal for May 2012?

thanks

Thursday, May 03, 2012 1:34 AM
  • Australia only

AWESOME THIS ONE WORKED FINE FOR ME RENEWEL TechNet Standard THANKS HEAPS !!!!!!!
    This one still works. Renewed today for $182
    Sunday, June 03, 2012 2:44 AM
  • Any coupons for renewal for June 2012?

Thanks.

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 12:08 PM
  • Looking for one that works in Canada as well
    Thursday, July 19, 2012 3:14 AM
  • Hi I'm looking for a promo code for Technet STD for the UK.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 5:19 PM
  • Hi, looking for a promo code - new subscription for Germany! Will appreciate yous support :)
    Sunday, July 29, 2012 7:23 AM
  • Hi there,

same here. Looking for promo code (Technet Std or Pro sub in Germany)

Go Go Microsoft. You can do it .-)

Cheers
    Chris

Thursday, August 02, 2012 1:44 PM
  • Hello,

I am looking for a

TechNet Subscription Ordering promotion code  too

Please Please Microsoft, help out the techs that make your company what it is today. (still have my floppys with Windows 2.0)

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 6:19 PM
  • Any discount for new subscription on STD or Pro version in US? Thank you.
    Wednesday, September 05, 2012 6:21 PM
  • Anyone have a Pro discount code for a new subscriber in the US?
    Thursday, October 11, 2012 4:31 PM
  • Has anyone had any success finding a promo code? I contacted technet sales and they've been giving me a run-around for the past 2 weeks, saying it needs to be escalated to the upper management. I never had a problem finding promos before, but seems like MS is not only cutting back on the benefits, but also clamping down on discounts too.

Thanks in advance for help.

Thursday, October 11, 2012 8:29 PM
  • Not a Promo Code, but my company orders our TechNet subscriptions through a company called Provantage dot com and they sell the New and Renewals for a little less... around 15% savings I'd say.  I just got another renewal last week (Oct 08, 2012) and it was $126.30 plus shipping of about $8 in US Dollars.

(Currently their pricing is about $32 dollars less on the New subscription price of $200 and $23 less on the Renewal price of $150 from Microsoft here in the USA). 

On their websites home page just search for  JRF-00001  or JRF-00002. 

As a side note, I have always had prompt service from them too.

Sunday, October 14, 2012 5:38 PM
  • The TechNet Subscriptions from PROVANTAGE dot com are for the 2010 version.  Is still a viable release?  Are we in 2012 now?

• Edited by Roy_love Wednesday, November 21, 2012 7:58 PM
    Wednesday, November 21, 2012 7:57 PM
  • I am also interested to subscribe for TechNet Pro.  Unfortunately not able to find promo code for 2013.  May have to contact CSR on Monday to see, if they can offer any discount for 12 month subscription of TechNet Pro.

If any 1 here find promo code please do share.

Saturday, November 24, 2012 1:12 PM
  • If anyone has a STD discount code (2013) for Trinidad & Tobago please share. :)
    Sunday, January 13, 2013 3:56 PM
  • Hello

im Searching for Technet Professional Promotion Code for Switzerland (2013)?

Have Anyone a Code for me pls?

Thank you:)!

Thursday, January 24, 2013 3:38 PM
  • merging with existing thread

Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:09 PM
  • Looking to buy Technet pro subscription If anyone know any promotional code please do share 

Thanks

Chamy07

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 8:59 PM
  • I'm Looking to buy TechNet professional subscription.

If anyone has got a promotional code for the UK, please share.

Thanks

A.E.

Saturday, February 09, 2013 11:14 PM
  • There is already a thread on promo codes.  Merging.

Monday, February 11, 2013 4:46 PM
  • Any discount or promo codes for TechNet Professional renewals in the US?  Thanks!
    Monday, April 15, 2013 6:56 AM
  • Does anyone have a promo code for USA.

Monday, April 15, 2013 7:45 PM
  • I am also looking for a technet code for renewal.  I haven't had much luck in finding them recently.
    Friday, April 26, 2013 2:13 PM
  • Also looking for a Standard Ed. promo code for the US.
    Tuesday, May 07, 2013 3:35 PM
  • I'm looking for promo code of technet new subscription if anyone has any codes?

Thanks !!

Sunday, May 26, 2013 8:40 AM
  • Re-newel code for Australia

AUONLY30

takes $260 to $182 Inc

Friday, June 14, 2013 12:48 PM
  • Looking for a promo code for the professional pack, USA code please. And thank you for any and all help.
    • Edited by Ogmodon Friday, June 21, 2013 2:14 PM spell
    Friday, June 21, 2013 2:12 PM
  • I would also appreciate a UK promo Code. I let my subscription lapse and now need to re-purchase professional one.

Please help and share.

Thanks!

ARUN

Sunday, June 30, 2013 2:12 PM
  • I have every O S from Windows 3.0 to Win 7 Ultimate 32  & 64 bit. Yes I know what a floppy is but just learned what an Object is messing around with tah dah POWERshell. Why would someone get a TechNet subscription and pound away day after day believing they are getting somewhere. Long live COBOL, it ain't  broke yet. Like the poor slob that tries day after day of "home use" LOL to understand stuff people keep changing. Microsoft is better than the next product dear Bill

Go ask Kelly Johnson about Jets and Bullets

a skunk in the wood pile

DragonSlayer, 30+ yrs

correction: I slayed the Dragon after 11 months on Chemo

• Edited by Stu1958 Tuesday, July 02, 2013 9:03 PM correction
    Tuesday, July 02, 2013 8:58 PM
  • Hello,

any new codes, before subscription is closed?

Kind regards,

Rolf

Carpe Diem!

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 9:41 AM
  • Hello,

any new codes, before subscription is closed?

Kind regards,

Rolf

Carpe Diem!

Please, I need a coupon for Canada too !
    Monday, July 29, 2013 8:24 PM
  • Just talked to a Microsoft Tech, he said there are no codes available currently (August 2013), so probably no codes ever again.
    Wednesday, August 07, 2013 6:05 PM