none
export list users "hide from exchange address list"

Question

• Dear, technicians

I need to export a list containing all the users in the AD who are hidden from the Exchange address list. The disabled users I have managed to export and created the list. Is it possible to do the same with all users who are hidden from the address list from Exchange. I have tried for quit some time, to me it seems not possible.

Please help me to create the list I'm stuck here.

programs; Windows server 2003\Exchange 2003

Kind regards.

Yves G B Caron

Saturday, May 21, 2011 5:10 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi, please try this exchange powershell command:

get-mailbox | select name, hiddenfromaddresslistsenabled | WHERE {$_.HiddenFromAddressListsEnabled -eq $true}

Saturday, May 21, 2011 11:45 AM
  • Looks like he's using Exchange 2003.

1. Open ADUC

2. Search

3. Find drop down choose custom search

4. Advanced tab

Enter below case sensitive.

(&(objectClass=*)(msExchHideFromAddressLists=TRUE))

James Chong MCITP | EA | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+ Security+, Project+, ITIL msexchangetips.blogspot.com
    Saturday, May 21, 2011 12:30 PM
  • maybe change the objectclass to user if you only want users. objectClass=user
    Sukh
    Saturday, May 21, 2011 4:54 PM
  • How do you mean? I need to export a list from all users in ad who are hidden from exchange address list. How do I change the ObjectClass.

Monday, May 23, 2011 8:34 AM
  • (&(objectClass=user)(msExchHideFromAddressLists=TRUE))

Sukh
    Monday, May 23, 2011 9:03 AM
  • Hi,

This command will Export all users from EMS with HiddenFromAddressListsEnabled to a text file.

Get-Mailbox -ResultSize Unlimited | Where {$_.HiddenFromAddressListsEnabled -eq $true} > C:\export.txt

Adam Bokiniec

• Proposed as answer by Adam.Bokiniec Monday, May 23, 2011 11:28 AM
    Monday, May 23, 2011 11:28 AM
  • Worked like a charm for Exchange 2010.

Awesome!

Wednesday, August 28, 2013 8:59 PM
  • Awesome.

This worked perfectly and now I will be able to parse out the logon ids and create a PowerShell script to move the users to a terminated users database.

I also added the -ResultSize Unlimited to by pass the limit of 1000 items returned

Get-Mailbox -ResultSize Unlimited | Select Name, HiddenFromAddressListEnablded | Where {$_.HiddenFromAddressListsEnabled -eq $True |Out-File "LocationToStoreReults\Results.txt"

The results file was then opened using Excel and I was able to parse out the Aliases so that I may create a PowerShell script to move these users to a Terminated Users database.

• Edited by StanV Wednesday, August 28, 2013 9:32 PM
    Wednesday, August 28, 2013 9:03 PM